Some Forum Basics

babyboomer

Some Forum Basics

Post by babyboomer »

Okay. It's sort of embarrassing, but I'm having a heck of a time navigating this forum. I don't have a lot of experience with forums. I guess the best way to describe the problem is to describe what I expect compared to what I'm finding.

For each topic I expect to find related posts in chronological order, and replies to a post grouped together. Instead, I'm finding posts in random order, and it's difficult to follow the thread. When I read a topic's summary on the index page, I'm assuming that the date on the right indicates the most recent post for that topic. Can someone explain to me where I'm going wrong?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Some Forum Basics

Post by Velocomp »

You will be seeing a completely new forum, coming soon.

I agree that this has become a bit out of sorts.
John Hamann
whynotride

Post by whynotride »

THANK you!! I think that, for me, one of the most frustrating things is when I think (or know) that I have read something about a particular subject.
I try to find it, look in a number of different locations, and usually fail.
Sometimes it is because the subject is rather obscure, sometimes it is old, sometimes it is listed differently than I remember.
All kinds of reasons.
However this is the second best news I could hear.
The best? That you shipped my Newton today!
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Well, we made you 50% happy today...

We won't be shipping Newtons until after Honeywell ships us critical sensors. They are being cagey about the date, but they are still saying "May". We have threatened to post their phone number on our website if they won't be more specific.
John Hamann
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

babyboomer wrote:For each topic I expect to find related posts in chronological order, and replies to a post grouped together. Instead, I'm finding posts in random order, and it's difficult to follow the thread. When I read a topic's summary on the index page, I'm assuming that the date on the right indicates the most recent post for that topic. Can someone explain to me where I'm going wrong?
While these forums can use some updating the basic functions still work. Clicking the subject SHOULD bring you to the original posting and the replies should be in chronological order down the page.

If you click "View Active Topics" you should see them in chronological order of the last posting. If you've been following a specific topic, clicking the small page icon next to the users name in the right hand column will bring you to the last posting on the topic.

If you're seeing something other than what I'm describing please post a screenshot.
Fernando