Clarification of the Power Screen

hectorb

Clarification of the Power Screen

Post by hectorb »

John
I just got my iBike Aero and I love this unit. My question pertains to page 15 explanation of the Power Screen. I went out for the first time last Sunday and I do not remember seeing the cadence and heart rate. The unit did say "found heart rate" but is Cadence and Heart Rate on a different power screen? On page 15th of the manual it shows the power screen with Speed,Power and Cal (calories?). After I got home, I uploaded the data to my iBike software and it did register cadence, HR, Power well everything I would need to eventually improve my FTP which is the reason for having a PM in the first place. Can the Power screen be modified so that I can see Power (watts), Cadence, HR ( instantenous) and speed? With my older Power Tap which the iBike is replacing, I was able to monitor on the same screen the parameters I just mentioned. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Hector
Whittier, California
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Clarification of the Power Screen

Post by Velocomp »

On the power screen the bottom window will alternate between HR and cadence.
John Hamann
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

I'm going to take this a step further. The main power screen has two screens.
Screen #1
Top window: shows either speed, grade or wind in the top window. You change the top section only by pressing the down arrow momentarily.
Middle window: Always shows current power
Bottom window: Alternates between CAD and HR assuming you have a CAD and HR sensor. Otherwise it will alternate between HR and calories burned.

Screen #2:
You get to this screen by pressing the center button once, or maybe twice depending on which screen you were viewing previously.
Top window: shows either speed, grade or wind in the top window. You change the top section only by pressing the down arrow momentarily.
Middle window: Alternates every few seconds between current power and distance covered
Bottom window: Shows pedaling time.

Hope this helps.
Fernando
hectorb

Post by hectorb »

Fernando

Thanks for the explanation. I have do have both sensors HR and CAD.

Hector