Batteries

still-chasing

Batteries

Post by still-chasing »

Is it really necessary to replace the wireless mount battery every time you change the unit battery? just for curiosity, I put the wireless mount battery to the main unit to check the voltage and it is still in the 290's.

Thanks
lungbuster

Re: Batteries

Post by lungbuster »

I think I have read somewhere that is is suggested that you put on of the sensor batteries in the head unit and the new battery in the sensor units. I can't remember the exact details. I suppose it is like rotating wheels on a car.
Regards
Wayne Gebert

http://www.coburgcycling.com.au
still-chasing

Post by still-chasing »

Thanks. That's a good idea. But, I'd rather put a fresh battery in the main unit.

Is there a way to quickly turn off the display? Thanks!
jesawdy

Post by jesawdy »

still-chasing wrote:Is there a way to quickly turn off the display? Thanks!
See this tip - http://ibikeblog.com/?p=26
The Battery Screen can be a very useful tool for determining current battery charge and turning off your iBike.

To enter the Battery Screen. From the Home Screen hold down the Top-Arrow for longer then 2 seconds. The iBike will then enter the Setup Mode. Click up until you find a screen, which reads “Batt”.
Tap the center button one time on the Battery screen to turn it off. NOTE - I sometimes accidently tap the button twice and the unit turns back on. If that happens, just repeat the above to turn it back off.

-Jeff
Russ

Post by Russ »

I believe the rational for the rotation with new battery going into the mount is that you get more total hours out of the two battery combination that way.

I think this is because the mount battery is less of a help to the iBike unit battery when it is the less 'fresh' of the two. This less of a help means that the one battery in the head unit is working harder which depletes it faster than a shared work situation. The faster drain rate yields less discharge efficiency.

Russ

Edited for better readability
still-chasing

Post by still-chasing »

Thank you for the replies!
noel

Post by noel »

I have digital multi-tester and all the batteries read 3.51 or higer volts but the on board tester says 277 which I assume is 2.77. I am getting a lot WLS not found. I have been changing batteries every 2 days and it is getting costly. What should be the voltage via a multi-meter? My rides are not more than 3 hours. What gives.
jparker

Post by jparker »

You might have a bad mount. Put a new battery in the mount and test it to see what your voltage is then in a couple days check it again to see if it is being drained or not(ith your volt meter) I had a mount go bad and also keep getting WLS not found becasue it was draining my battery in the mount and also pulling my computer battery down. Hope this helps.
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

3.51 is way too high. 3.15 maybe?

The iBike measures the voltage under load which is substantially lower than static voltage.

Something else may be going on.
Fernando