WTF!!!

CarbonEndurance66

WTF!!!

Post by CarbonEndurance66 »

Still nothing. I had an iBike befor I got the wireless model so I am fimilar with everything. I just don't understand why I am getting fluxuations of i.e. 16mph to 74mph. or 120 watts to 2000 watts. I went back and did several coast downs and the 4 mile ride, nothing. Going to reset the system and the iBike program but does anyone have a suggestion? I have a big ride tomorrow and would hate to lose so much info by not having the iBike with me.
racerfern

Re: WTF!!!

Post by racerfern »

It sounds like you have issues with magnets. Look at the possibility that the cadence magnet is too close to the speed sensor causing double hits. That would explain the speed increase and obviously the wattage increase.

Then take a look at the speed magnet itself. Try moving it a little further away from the sensor or a little up or down on the spoke. If it is not right up against the sensor you could also move it closer. When I say a little I mean 1/16" to 1/8" or so in any direction. It is possible to have the magnet in such a position that you get a hit from the sensor as the magnet approaches and another click as the magnet exits the path near the sensor. This is actually a fairly common issue with most magnetic picup sensors.
Fernando
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: WTF!!!

Post by Velocomp »

On page 38 of the Wireless Instructions there is a photo of a speed sensor and cadence sensor mounted too closely together, resulting in false readings for both, just in the way you describe.

The sensors work by detecting impulses produced by the magnets that pass by them. If the magnets are too close each of the sensors will react to both magnets. That can cause exactly the problem you are experiencing.
John Hamann