Which Ibike should I buy for my wife

klaus

Which Ibike should I buy for my wife

Post by klaus »

I have owned my Ibike's for 3 years and love them.

My wife is back to biking she got herself a very nice Look 585 elle bike with my old Camagolo wheels. She will be doing casual riding but with probably quiet a few mountains.

I am completely addicted to the Ibike and hate when I ride without its feedback. Now the though questions what should I get for my wife ?
The Isport for simplicity or the IPro for all the download features.
Mounts are not a problem I have more than enough of them 2 wired and 3 wireless (1 spare for now)

What are your thoughts. Or should I wait for next spring and get my self what ever Ibike announces and hand down my ibike ?
racerfern

Re: Which Ibike should I buy for my wife

Post by racerfern »

It's simple. You need an iPro. Since you're addicted to the iBike how could you not download your wife's data also? Besides you should never buy anything less for your wife than you would want for yourself.
Fernando
klaus

Post by klaus »

Fernando,

I was thinking along the same lines. it would be a shame not to be able to download.
The Ibike sport may be just a bit easier to use than the pro. from what I read on the website.

Waiting from next spring is another tempting option to
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

The iPro is just as easy to use as the iSport. The iPro will allow tweaking of a profile but that's the only difference ASAIK. Set it up as if it were an iSport and download at will.

In fact, even the iAero is just as easy to setup. It's just the additional bells and whistles that make the units different. The basic setup is virtually the same.
Fernando
lorduintah

Post by lorduintah »

Domestic tranquility is quite important - but if John's next vision is too cool to resist, then Klaus is the one who might be upset if he gets an iPro now and 4 months from now his wife would have a very good computer and he could have had extra bling!

Tom
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

Very very true. But imagine Klaus' wife having the latest bling and Klaus riding with something a generation old. Now Klaus is going to have to buy three of the latest and greatest.

Get the iPro right away and don't mention anything if something new comes out in the next couple of months. You can't tell them everything.
Fernando
Russ

Post by Russ »

Klaus,

One thing you forgot to consider is the insurance value of a second iPro!
If yours goes on the blink and say needs to be returned to Velocomp for service.... Your loving wife is likely to practically insist that you borrow hers :-)

Just remember, a man with one clock always knows what time it is but a man with two or more ....

Russ
arkiejon

Post by arkiejon »

Life is better if I just ask her. And if she is intrested enough to give an answer we can talk it over (or fight it out) and do what would work out for both of us.

Sounds like she is pretty smart and she would know you ripped her off, So come clean she may be willing to wait till spring and both of you get a new meter or she might be happy with your old pro if you are willing to do without till spring.

Or you can do it behind her back.. "Like a real man" :roll:
klaus

Post by klaus »

Thanks for all your comments.
What I will do for now is to mount my spare wireless mount on here bike and create a profile. When we ride together she can use it and when I ride solo then I will be using it.

Then I will see how much she likes the ibike and the features it has. If she does not care about the download but only instant feedback and slope then it will be a sport else it will another pro in the family.

Maybe she will ge a very simple computer wired with slope grade only if she does not care.
coachboyd

Post by coachboyd »

I vote for iPro as well. . .just remember to mark one of them, or get the second one in the opposite color that you have. I have made the mistake a couple times of grabbing my wife's iBike when I have left for the races.
Boyd Johnson
http://www.boydcycling.com - high performance carbon wheels and accessories