Problem with power readings

tribadger

Problem with power readings

Post by tribadger »

I have notice that my power readings have been off when I soft pedal at speeds of 23-30mph..... I get readings in the 400+watts area. Also I have been getting low readings when I climb hills in the area of 112 watts when climbing at 18mph on a 6% grade ( according to my garmin). ANyone have any insight as to what is going on. My set-up values are all within acceptable values. I also had tilt and wind offset down prior to each ride.
marshr

Re: Problem with power readings

Post by marshr »

make sure you do not have trainer mode on as power directly related to speed which seems what you have
Rick
tribadger

Post by tribadger »

trainer mode was not on, that was the first thing i checked........i wish it would have been on that would have been an easy fix. ANy other ideas???
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

I realize you did a tilt and wind calibration. However, when climbing, does the slope on the unit more or less match the slope on the Garmin? Also does the wind feel like what is displayed?

Can you post a ride file?
Fernando
tribadger

Post by tribadger »

Grade matches garmin. I have attached a ride file , let me know what your guys think.
iBike_06_27_2009_1335_21_Miles.csv
(619.28 KiB) Downloaded 233 times
Waukesha Crit2009.csv
(586.18 KiB) Downloaded 226 times
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

I see it as trainer mode on for both rides. Check your settings.
Fernando
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Fernando is correct; you had your iBike in Trainer mode while in this race. You can see this in the Analysis Status window.

You can still analyze your ride and get approximately correct results. Use the Tools/Convert to Road Ride feature in iBike 3.

Note that firmware 400 will detect if you're doing an outdoor ride while in Trainer mode; if it detects this condition it will automatically turn the trainer mode off for your outdoor ride.
Attachments
Picture 1.png
Picture 1.png (25.31 KiB) Viewed 4962 times
John Hamann
tribadger

Post by tribadger »

Thanks for all your help, I had never put the unit in trainer mode so not sure how that happened......i did convert the files to road ride and they make much more sense now......Im looking forward to riding and see how the power numbers look.

Thanks Again

RF
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

I'm not sure if Trainer mode applies to the unit or to a profile. You may have had one profile in Trainer mode (not even realizing it) and ridden in that profile instead of the other one. I'm just offering up possibilities.
Fernando