*.ibp file (profile files)

travispape
Site Admin

*.ibp file (profile files)

Post by travispape »

Just a quick warning about profile files. Version 2.0.7 introduced a new file format for *.ibp files for the new wireless ID data etc. 2.0.7 will open both the old and new file formats with no problems, but if you try to open a new-format *.ibp file (say sent to you from tech support) with an old verion of iBike2 (2.0.6 or older), you will get a slightly confusing error message, "No Profiles Found."

Just upgrade to the latest version of iBike2 and you will be able to import the *.ibp file: http://www.ibikesports.com/downloads.html

Travis
Brodirt

Re: *.ibp file (profile files)

Post by Brodirt »

I lost my old profiles in my upgrade to 2.07. I know this is not supposed to happen, is there a fix? what did I do wrong?
wolfie

Post by wolfie »

I did the unlock for trainers. Prepped for a regular ride by sending a profile to my iaero closed iBike 2.0.7 and went for my ride. Came back, started up iBike 2 and now have no profiles!?*$#@! Where are the *ibp files? I hope they aren't really gone.......<edit added 7/12/08 8:50pm PDT> My interval set are also gone.

I still have my calibration files, but can't find a way to use them to create new profiles. Of course the coast downs are history, but I still have my 4 mile rides saved on my computer.

Help!
travispape
Site Admin

Post by travispape »

wolfie wrote:I did the unlock for trainers. Prepped for a regular ride by sending a profile to my iaero closed iBike 2.0.7 and went for my ride. Came back, started up iBike 2 and now have no profiles!?*$#@! Where are the *ibp files? I hope they aren't really gone.......<edit added 7/12/08 8:50pm PDT> My interval set are also gone.

I still have my calibration files, but can't find a way to use them to create new profiles. Of course the coast downs are history, but I still have my 4 mile rides saved on my computer.

Help!
Profiles are saved in the settings file. The *.ibp files for for exporting and sending profiles to another computer and unless you exported any profiles, you won't find any *.ibp files.

Where the settings file is saved depends on the operating system. For XP, it is saved at "C:\Documents and Settings\<UserID>\Application Data\Velocomp\iBike 2". If you send me your "iBike 2 v08.settings" file, I'll take a look at it to try to figure out what happened.

Also, if it comes to it we can recover your profile either from a saved ride file (use the "Extract..." button in edit profiles) or you can send us the *.ibcd4m file in your calibration rides folder.

Travis
wolfie

Post by wolfie »

As I told Aaron (who also gave me a lot of other advice) I'm going to go ahead and do coast downs/calibration ride today anyway. Thanks for the reply.

I did try to see if the "Extract" would grab a profile and it just says "Ride file did not contain embedded ride file." Looks like none of my files have a profile attached to them. Hmm... maybe I'm missing a step in the download save process that embeds the profile?
chrispy

Post by chrispy »

Always, always, always export your profiles. If something does go wrong, then it is simple to re-import them.