Bad Cal Ride in Mountain Bike

eduardorcosta

Bad Cal Ride in Mountain Bike

Post by eduardorcosta »

Hi everyone, I'm new in the world of power and a newbie in iBike.

I just received my isport and did the calibrations required. After this tried to do a cal ride. But it failed 5 times.
I think i did everything right, but can someone point me some directions ?

Thank you
eduardorcosta

Re: Bad Cal Ride in Mountain Bike

Post by eduardorcosta »

I was able to do the cal ride, after a few instructions from John Haman (Thanks John). After you calibrate everything properly, just lock the suspension (yes just this) and then everything work fine.
The reason I suspect from this is that the tilt calibration and my position riding with the suspension not lock are very different, then it can do the math required.

Just this.

Hope this helps anyone.
Morocco Mole

Post by Morocco Mole »

eduardorcosta wrote:I was able to do the cal ride, after a few instructions from John Haman (Thanks John). After you calibrate everything properly, just lock the suspension (yes just this) and then everything work fine.
The reason I suspect from this is that the tilt calibration and my position riding with the suspension not lock are very different, then it can do the math required.

Just this.

Hope this helps anyone.
I am curious what CRR, CDA, Tilt you ended up with in your profile?
eduardorcosta

Post by eduardorcosta »

Hi,

I ended with this values:

cst aero 1_2366 (i think that is 1,2366)
cst fric 22_92 (I think that is 22,92)

The others I can't view right now, since I'm in another city, but when arrive at home I try to find the others
Morocco Mole

Post by Morocco Mole »

eduardorcosta wrote:Hi,

The others I can't view right now, since I'm in another city, but when arrive at home I try to find the others
Yeah, that's fine, when you get to a computer I'm actually interested in the CRR, CDA values with you will find in the profile. Thanks
eduardorcosta

Post by eduardorcosta »

Hi I try to acquire the data you asked, but I thing the only way is by computer right ? Mine is the Isport, so I think I can't view this data.

Anyway, if is a way please point me to it.

And finally, today I was riding and after a long pause (a tire repair) the watts where to low, is there any issue with a pause in the ride that cause a discrepancy in the wattage ?
eduardorcosta

Post by eduardorcosta »

Morocco Mole wrote:

Yeah, that's fine, when you get to a computer I'm actually interested in the CRR, CDA values with you will find in the profile. Thanks
Hi I just upgrade to ipro, and was able to pick up the data: CdA: 0,368 m^2; Crr: 0,0055
Morocco Mole

Post by Morocco Mole »

eduardorcosta wrote:
Morocco Mole wrote:

Hi I just upgrade to ipro, and was able to pick up the data: CdA: 0,368 m^2; Crr: 0,0055
Hey, thanks. CdA is pretty much where I expected for an agressive MTB position, I'm surprised the Crr is so low, was this done on Tarmac or Dirt\Gravel?
GWPOS

Post by GWPOS »

It sounds like he used the default setting for crr. I started using around .130 when you suggested it once a while ago(I think it was you??). Since then I have adjusted it down to .110 and I think I am still a little high. I have a Cannondale Flash Carbon 29er1 which sits me more straight up so I use a cda of .400. This to may be a tiny bit high but when you are climbing and doing intervals being off al= little bit does not matter so much if at all. Eventually I will go and do another cal ride and some coast downs to confirm my numbers, but been doing to much training and have not had the time.
eduardorcosta

Post by eduardorcosta »

Hi,

I was using just the default Crr. Now after some tweks I endeed with a value of .088 ( I ride with continental speed king in back tire). I think the right value is about .130 but it ends a negative number in my ibike don't know why.

Thank you
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Your Crr estimate is 10 times too high!!! A dirt road has a Crr of about 0.013
John Hamann
GWPOS

Post by GWPOS »

You are right Velocomp, I actually have .0110 for my crr. I made a typo. This number came about after many races and training rides. I still have to tweak my profile some because my watts are still 10-15 watts to high on 20 minutes hill climbs and training rides.
eduardorcosta

Post by eduardorcosta »

Ok Now I understand some data, but not others...

Crr of a dirty road (off road) 0,013 correct ? ( I pick the 0,130 from the startup wizard, rough asphalt)

Crr default is 0,0055

But when I put the 0,0130 in the edit profile and send it to Ibike it display a negative value -0,0093 (is this a bug ?) How can I report this ?