No Rides to download. Do I need to delete all rides?

Speedyg

No Rides to download. Do I need to delete all rides?

Post by Speedyg »

I believe I have a PP V3 which still works great. I haven't tried downloading for a while since I have a MacBook Pro with Ventura and Isaac doesn't work on that. Now back home on iMac Catalina and connects with the PP but when I hit Download Ride Data it goes through checking ride files but does not download anything new. I've done loads of rides since 11/20/2019!! Does the device get full and not automagically purge old files?? Do I need to delete all the rides and start new?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: No Rides to download. Do I need to delete all rides?

Post by Velocomp »

This is a problem with macOS and Isaac. If you have an Intel Mac I think there is a fix, but I will have to check it before providing a workaround.
John Hamann
Speedyg

Post by Speedyg »

Thanks John. Here's my Mac info:

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac13,1
Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.9 GHz

So definitely Intel iMac 2012 vintage on Catalina.
System Version: macOS 10.15.7 (19H2026)

Let me know your suggested approach and thanks again as always for the great support.

Jim
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Speedyg wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:07 pm Thanks John. Here's my Mac info:

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac13,1
Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.9 GHz

So definitely Intel iMac 2012 vintage on Catalina.
System Version: macOS 10.15.7 (19H2026)

Let me know your suggested approach and thanks again as always for the great support.

Jim
Hmm...you should have no problem downloading rides with this vintage of Mac and macOS.

Please do the following:

0) Press-hold PP button for about 12 seconds...near the end you'll see the light go out for a second, then start flashing again. Release the button; this does a hard reset of your PP
1) Connect PP to Isaac
2) Confirm there is a green box around the USB icon
3) Click the Download Rides button
4) You should see a bunch of rides (if you have done a lot of riding); click the "Download and Save" button to transfer them to your Mac

It is true that, once the memory fills, no new rides can be stored. If you don't see anything for downloading, then I would use the Device/Erase all Ride Files command to reset your memory.
John Hamann
Speedyg

Post by Speedyg »

Tried the reset and same thing. Have now erased the ride data and will ride again and see what happens.

A great feature would be some way in Isaac or on the device to let the user know when memory is full.

Cheers,

Jim
Speedyg

Post by Speedyg »

Memory was full. Deleted all rides and works like a charm. Would be great to have a notification sent to Garmin head unit or a yellow single blip on the device when activating the device for a ride in the condition of a full memory.