Polar V650 file format not recognized

pieterkramer

Polar V650 file format not recognized

Post by pieterkramer »

I would like to import a TCX file from my Polar V650 to Isaac software, for several reasons:
- it contains the data from my Bluetooth Heart Rate sensor (Polar H7)
- it contains Cadence data without intermittent drops (from ca 90 to say 65 RPM) which occur using the Garmin Cadence 2 sensor on the PowerPod V3
- it contains GPS information
- it does not contain all the power data from the PP, because of a connection issue I had at the start of the ride (it resolved without any action during a short break).

So I would like to combine the TCX file from Polar with the PP data, and upload the result to Strava.

However, when importing the TCX file from my Polar V650 into Isaac, I get the error message "File format not recognized". This happens both on Mac OS and on Windows 10.

Is there anything I could do to solve this? Thanks!
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Polar V650 file format not recognized

Post by Velocomp »

Try exporting it in .gpx format, then import to Isaac.
John Hamann
texmurphy

Post by texmurphy »

You may need to remove customized fields from the Polar TCX converting to a more "standard" TCX.
Try import to e.g. Strava or Garmin or RWGPS and then export a TCX to do the Isaac merge.
pieterkramer

Post by pieterkramer »

Thanks for the replies. From the suggestions above, only the RWGPS option comes close. The only thing still going wrong is the synchronization based on speed. Is it possible to turn it off? Because the file lengths match already, and the synchronization procedure incorrectly maps the tcx time on the ibr time (both scaling and offset).
Megabit3000

Post by Megabit3000 »

FWIW: I use a Polar V650 too, but use a Polar H10 chest strap and a Wahoo BlueSC speed/cadence sensor.
The H10 as well as the BlueSC send signals in both ANT+ and Bluetooth, so everything is both in the PowerPod ride file as in the Polar ride file.

Only once: pair the H10 and BlueSC to the PowerPod and subsequently pair the PowerPod to the V650. After that do a calibration ride (the PowerPod will do this anyway since you changed sensors)

Order to get everything working on the V650:
1. Wear the H10 and wake up the BlueSC by spinning your wheel
2. Power on the PowerPod - it will connect to the ANT+ signals of both the H10 and the BlueSC
3. Power on the V650 - it will connect to the bluetooth signals of both the H10 and the Blue SC as well as connect to the bluetooth signal of the PowerPod
=> Bingo: HR/Speed/Cadence/Power on the V650 (through Bluetooth) AND in the PowerPod (through ANT+)