Elite Turbo Muin trainer power coefficients

fishyweb

Elite Turbo Muin trainer power coefficients

Post by fishyweb »

Hi. I have just bought the Elite Turbo Muin turbo trainer. The power curve formula for this trainer, for models built 2014 and later is POWER=(5+1.02*{speed}+0.001*{speed}2+0.015436*{speed}3) where speed is in km/h. What would the coefficients be so that the formula works for MPH?

Also - any chance this trainer / curve could be added to the list of supported trainers native to the app?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Elite Turbo Muin trainer power coefficients

Post by Velocomp »

For MPH, the conversion factor is

1 MPH = 1.61 KPH

So, basically, you multiply your MPH reading by 1.61, to get the same speed in KPH, then apply that into the formula.

POWER=(5+1.64*{speedMPH}+0.00259*{speedMPH}2+.064419*{speedMPH}3)
John Hamann
fishyweb

Post by fishyweb »

Actually, I've just done some more poking around in Isaac and my question is now different.

I've set the Trainer Coefficient window to Metric and entered the values as per the above formula, and that has displayed a curve which looks to have the correct mappings. However, I'm not sure how to save these settings so that they appear in the list of trainers and allow me to upload to my PowerPod. I've attached a screenshot of the Trainer Settings window. Please can you advise how I should proceed here?

Note that I have checked the Isaac help document, and that doesn't seem to cover this level of detail.
Attachments
Trainer coefficients screenshot
Trainer coefficients screenshot
Capture.PNG (33.98 KiB) Viewed 5785 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

In the window where you set the coefficients, after entering them click the "Send to iBike" button, to transfer the coefficients to your unit
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-01-03 at 5.08.37 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-01-03 at 5.08.37 PM.png (196.34 KiB) Viewed 5784 times
John Hamann
fishyweb

Post by fishyweb »

Hi. I still have a problem with using this trainer with my PP. The nature of its speed sensor requires the wheel diameter to be set to the actual diameter divided by 13.2, which equates to about 159mm. In Isaac, I can only find a way to set the wheel diameter by using tyre markings, I cannot see any way to set a custom diameter. Please can you advise? Or could this be achieved indirectly by fiddling one of the trainer coefficient parameters?
texmurphy

Post by texmurphy »

fishyweb wrote:...The nature of its speed sensor requires the wheel diameter to be set to the actual diameter divided by 13.2, which equates to about 159mm. In Isaac, I can only find a way to set the wheel diameter by using tyre markings...
In Isaac you can set the tyre circumference in Edit->Edit Profiles-> Basic
Change the field "Tire Sidewall Marking" to <measured> and then set the "Tire Circumference".
fishyweb

Post by fishyweb »

Thanks for your help, guys.