How do i open a particular day's file?

Post by tomcon »

What appears in File/Open list
Issac.JPG (148.84 KiB) Viewed 4563 times
Issac.JPG (148.84 KiB) Viewed 4563 times
When i do file/open the attached list is presented.

My Power Pod is brand new; I got it a few weeks ago.

Is the file name constructed from the date and length of ride? So for example 04_04_2016_1240_1miles.ibr is a ride on April 4, 2016 that started at 12:40pm? But, i did not own this Power Pod on that date.

On this Power Pod i should have the following rides and approximate lengths:
7/10/16 33 miles
7/16/16 18 miles.

Exactly what do i have to do to open and view the rides on those two dates??
  • Where are those rides in this file list?
  • And, what are all those other files, since i did not own this Power pod until July, 2016?
HELP. TOTALLY CONFUSED.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: How do i open a particular day's file?

Post by Velocomp »

It's not clear to me why you have so many ride files. Please post one of them and I will take a look.

Your PowerPod is starting a new ride file every five minutes. I suggest you do a Hard Reset (press-hold the button for about 10 seconds, until it turns off momentarily and then restarts).

The reason the ride file dates are "wrong" is because your PP was not connected to Isaac prior to the ride file being taken. After you do a hard reset you will need to reconnect your PP to Isaac once again, to reset its internal clock.

Finally, when you open the "Show Download Window" you will see a complete list of ride files, just as you have here. Irrespective of the date shown, the file at the bottom of the list is the most recent one recorded.
John Hamann
tomcon

Post by tomcon »

Ok, I'll post a couple of them.

And, i can do that reset. Will i then have to do a calibration ride after the hard reset?

The file iBike07-16_2016_1333_0_Miles.ibr was the "last" in the Open dialog. I did do a ride that day - 18 miles. When i opened that day's ride (tcx file) on Garmin Connect, it validly showed an 18 mile ride and including the power statistics for it. This file that opens in Issac shows 0.65 miles.

Also, i attached another random file from further up the list. Even if the date was not initialized, I don't understand why I have so many if i didn't ride that many times. There are 35 files that come up in the Open dialog.

Thanks if you have any wisdom about this!
Attachments
iBike_04_04_2016_1414_1_Miles.ibr
(16.24 KiB) Downloaded 306 times
iBike_07_16_2016_1333_0_Miles.ibr
(17.96 KiB) Downloaded 295 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Sorry, I'm not doing a good job of responding quickly.

You won't have to do a new calibration after your hard reset.

You should have one long ride file, instead of many small ones. Let me know if things are working out.
John Hamann
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

It may be that your PP is pointed too high or too low. This may be forcing the constant ride file resets.

Make sure the word PowerPod is within +/- 20 degrees of level compared to the road beneath it.
John Hamann