Multiple Newton/users

RobertL

Multiple Newton/users

Post by RobertL »

I recently bought (3) Newton6 power meters so that everyone in the family would have one.
I started looking at the Issac software for how to manage the profiles and ride data for the three of us. I was looking for some advice or best practices for how best to manage using the three Newtons interfacing to a PC.
Can we use the same PC (Windows) to download all three devices and keep the stuff separated?
Do we need to use separate logins to the computer.?
Hopefully we do not need to use 3 computers.

Thanks in advance
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Multiple Newton/users

Post by Velocomp »

I have at least 4 Velocomp products in use at any given time, and I have only one computer for all of them... :-)

You can download your Newton files into Isaac. At the beginning of each download Isaac will give you the opportunity to name the files, so just name the file for the person whose Newton is being downloaded.
John Hamann
Pete

Re: Multiple Newton/users

Post by Pete »

RobertL wrote:I recently bought (3) Newton6 power meters so that everyone in the family would have one.
I started looking at the Issac software for how to manage the profiles and ride data for the three of us. I was looking for some advice or best practices for how best to manage using the three Newtons interfacing to a PC.
Can we use the same PC (Windows) to download all three devices and keep the stuff separated?
Do we need to use separate logins to the computer.?
Hopefully we do not need to use 3 computers.

Thanks in advance
I find separate Windows user accounts handy when it comes to uploading to GC.
But this is because I have multiple users from a single Newton, and (to my knowledge) cannot distinguish the file names per profile
So I have GC also in each windows user account, pointing to the corresponding Isaac CSV file sub-directory.
At least this way I do not need to manually specify anything for the file naming per upload.

Note one "bug" with Isaac seems to be that if you switch windows user accounts, you must close Isaac first or in the new user it will not connect to Newton