Feature request: elevation and gear selection

blp

Feature request: elevation and gear selection

Post by blp »

I have a request for two features that I think wouldn't be too difficult (said the luddite).

1: Before every ride it is possible to calibrate the starting elevation, very simply I may add. On some climbs, there are distance markers with elevation (which are surveyed elevations in Canada). At most summits where there have been distance markers on the way up, there is a marker giving the summit elevation. I have noticed that changes in atmospheric pressure make Newton give a different elevation, which is to be expected.

Is it possible that this summit elevation can be input into Isaac Analyze Route? I realize that not all summits are the maximum elevation of the ride. Perhaps selecting that summit point on the graph and then opening Route Analyze?

2: Is it possible to show gear ratio as gear selection? In setup, have the user input their gears, front and rear, into Isaac? When we click on a single point in the ride, it will show the gear selection combination (for example 34/24) as well as or instead of the gear ratio (1.42).

Thanks.