Windows 10 compatibility

minus10

Windows 10 compatibility

Post by minus10 »

With the upcoming Windows 10 release, do we know if Isaac is compatible?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Windows 10 compatibility

Post by Velocomp »

Nope, not yet!
John Hamann
minus10

Post by minus10 »

I've installed Isaac on a Windows 10 preview on my laptop, and it seems to work fine. I can download rides and have set time and date, so I assume comms is good. I'll post any problems I come across.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Thank you for the update!
John Hamann
jazclrint

Post by jazclrint »

When I was running the Windows 10 preview I didn't notice any issues either, but I wan't using Issac much. Just uploading rides.
'98 ProFlex 5500c under construction
'13 Schwinn Fastback custom build
'05 Bianchi Axis custom build
'13 Reline Metro Sport custom build
'15 GT Sensor Carbon Pro custom build
'?? A bike who's existence shall not be acknowledged
cat5fred

Post by cat5fred »

I am running Isaac on Windows 10.
About the only negative I've noticed is that Isaac won't recognize the Newton when Win10 is configured for fast booting.
Don't know if that is a result of my particular set up or if it is a Win10 issue.
Once I disable fast booting then it works fine.
jazclrint

Post by jazclrint »

If I recall I had to do the same thing on my SurfaceBook. After that all seems to be fine. I am trying to get the hang of using the cloud to store files, as I use my desktop when I'm home, and the SurfaceBook when I'm at my GF's.
'98 ProFlex 5500c under construction
'13 Schwinn Fastback custom build
'05 Bianchi Axis custom build
'13 Reline Metro Sport custom build
'15 GT Sensor Carbon Pro custom build
'?? A bike who's existence shall not be acknowledged
dwarak17

Post by dwarak17 »

I wish it were true that OEM users get a free version. I made the huge mistake earlier this week of upgrading from Windows 7 Pro 64 bit to the equivalent in Windows 10. The upgrade was a disaster. I got locked into a BSOD from which there was no escape; it kept rebooting until I closed it all down manually. There was no system restore; the file was corrupt. I eventually had to perform a clean install, losing all my previously installed programs, inlcuding all trace of Win7. None of my TV capture software now works with W10, neither will Edius video software, I’ve been informed. Worse still, I’ve just spent two hours on the phone with Microsoft who refused to provide a product key (though I provided the product for my W7 Pro version): it was an OEM version, so didn’t count. Only when I handed over my credit card details did they provide me with a product key that activated the software. I feel their behaviour is little better than being blackmailed by malware. All the Microsoft diagnostics in the last few weeks have informed me that my computer was eligible for a “free” upgrade. So, I’ve lost functionality, spent many hours reinstalling software and have now been charged a small fortune for the privilege.
JonesRay

Post by JonesRay »

The easiest way to do it is to click on the Get Windows 10 app icon in your taskbar to open its window. Click on the 3-lined hamburger menu in the top left the corner. A black panel will slide out from the left side.

Under Getting the upgrade, click on Check your PC link. The scan hardly takes any time, and you will be informed if any apps or devices are not fully compatible with Windows 10.<a href="http://www.credosystemz.com/training-in ... nai/">Best Selenium Training in Chennai</a> which provides more Practical Oriented Training
rather than theoretical oriented.