Profiles in Isaac and on Newton

kenf

Profiles in Isaac and on Newton

Post by kenf »

If I have 6 profiles set up in Isaac: i,ii,iii,iv,v and vi and I want to assign/load them to specific profile locations in Newton how do I do it? For example ii to Prof 1, i to Prof 2, vi to Prof 3 and iv to Prof 4.

How can I see what profiles are currently loaded in each Newton Profile location?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Profiles in Isaac and on Newton

Post by Velocomp »

Use Isaac software, Edit/Edit Profiles to select the active profile and to transfer profiles from Isaac into your Newton.
John Hamann
kenf

Post by kenf »

So, for example, I chose an Isaac profile, say vi, then use the "Set Active Profile in Device" tab to pick Profile 4 in the Newton and then hit the "Send to Device" button and that puts profile vi in position/Profile 4 in the Newton? It's just a little confusing because that bottom button that says "Set Active Profile in Device" doesn't say it's for inserting certain profiles in certain positions, just that it's for setting the Active Profile. And there's no instruction on how to do this in the manual. If that's not how to do it please explain in detail.

And how do I check which profiles (by the names given them in Isaaac) are already loaded into each Newton Profile?
Pete

Post by Pete »

kenf wrote:So, for example, I chose an Isaac profile, say vi, then use the "Set Active Profile in Device" tab to pick Profile 4 in the Newton and then hit the "Send to Device" button and that puts profile vi in position/Profile 4 in the Newton?
I was confused about this myself but the answer is as you describe here.

Not so easy is to confirm which are in Newton already unless there are clear differences like weight or FTP to differentiate them.
If you do the 'extract profile from Newton' (or ride?) you effectively create a new one in Isaac which isn't really what you want.

What would be good is the profile name (nickname) to be something you see in the "set up" of Newton.