MapMyRide and Issac export

jazclrint

MapMyRide and Issac export

Post by jazclrint »

Again, just playing around with Isaac some more and thought I would share. I exported a .csv, .tcx, and .gxp versions of the sample file in Isaac to see how MMR would react. Well, actually I exported them to a file I created in OneDrive, and then uploaded then oped MMR and uploaded them from that file. It did not like the .csv file. I will have to ask them about that as they claim they are trying to play well with everyone. There is a warning that .gpx files MUST have gps tracks, so that was out for now. However, the .tcx file uploaded and as I am not a MPV member I didn't get graphs for HR, Power, and cadence, I did get averages, and a per mile breakdown like MMR does. I did notice however that there didn't seem to be any altitude data. I wonder if in .tcx and .gpx files in MMR will only use the GPS data for altitude plot points. This would be disappointing.

Oh, and let me add I just noticed all the averages and calorie count matches up , but MMR is reporting the ave. cadence to be 77rpm, and not 84.5rpm like the sample Isaac file states. So .tcx will work for folks who just want to upload their iBike ride and don't have any gps data merged, MMR does not seem to be without it's quirks.
Last edited by jazclrint on Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'98 ProFlex 5500c under construction
'13 Schwinn Fastback custom build
'05 Bianchi Axis custom build
'13 Reline Metro Sport custom build
'15 GT Sensor Carbon Pro custom build
'?? A bike who's existence shall not be acknowledged
jazclrint

Re: MapMyRide and Issac export

Post by jazclrint »

Sorry, I am sure many of you probably already know this, but I also uploaded the .csv file into Strava for grins and chuckles. The cadence ave. was the same but all of the other averages, (power, cadence, HR) were lower in Strava. Interesting, and kind of funny in a snarky kind of way. Also it reported calorie consumption about 200kcal too high (839 vs 1013). But Strava did mark the workout was done on a stationary trainer. I am assuming because it had no gps data. If you uncheck that box, Strava will give you an altitude graph however.

Uploading the .tcx file netted the same results.

Edit: Going back and taking a look, Strava said the ride was just over 2 hours, where MMR matches Isaac's time of 1:50. You can see on MMR the segment where a break was taken. The segment's average is only 3.5mph, but MMR seems smart enough to not let it mess with any of the other data. Strava, however, does not seem quite so smart.
'98 ProFlex 5500c under construction
'13 Schwinn Fastback custom build
'05 Bianchi Axis custom build
'13 Reline Metro Sport custom build
'15 GT Sensor Carbon Pro custom build
'?? A bike who's existence shall not be acknowledged