New Isaac 2.6.2 software

Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

New Isaac 2.6.2 software

Post by Velocomp »

There are some significant improvements in this release:

1) Peaks tab is added. You'll be able to see your peak wattages, in many user-selectable intervals from 5 sec to one hour

2) GPS tab is added. If you have Newton Tracker, the GPS tab will show you where you rode your bike. Furthermore, if you have selected a peaks interval in the Peaks tab, the GPS tab will show you where that peak period occurred during your ride

3) Isaac is now localized to French, Italian, and German
Attachments
Peaks tab
Peaks tab
Screen Shot 2014-06-13 at 11.27.03 AM.png (490.76 KiB) Viewed 12050 times
GPS tab
GPS tab
Screen Shot 2014-06-13 at 11.27.17 AM.png (456.34 KiB) Viewed 12046 times
John Hamann
rcmaps

Re: New Isaac 2.6.2 software

Post by rcmaps »

Cool!
When is this available? I did try "Check Online for Software Update" but it appears that 2.6.1 is the latest available.

Thanks
rcmaps

Post by rcmaps »

Will the GPS feature be available if instead of Newton tracker, a GPS track from say a Garmin unit is "merged" into the iBike file?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

rcmaps wrote:Will the GPS feature be available if instead of Newton tracker, a GPS track from say a Garmin unit is "merged" into the iBike file?
Yes, it will work with any GPS source.
John Hamann
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

rcmaps wrote:Cool!
When is this available? I did try "Check Online for Software Update" but it appears that 2.6.1 is the latest available.

Thanks
Travis will post this soon.
John Hamann
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Version 2.6.2 has been released.
John Hamann
ronpei

Post by ronpei »

This is heading in the direction I have been wishing for. One comment/ wish, when you highlight a section it highlights where on the GPS trace, but it would be very nice if the power peaks graph and selection would also cover just the highlighted section, so you see the graphic of power/ time and the best peaks in numerical format as it does for the whole ride. As well it would be nice if you did a power peak graph like training peaks does with the time in log format vs the peak power or as Allen& Coggan call it mean maximal power graph.

Of course wish number 2 would be that you could enlarge the GPS map and see it in google earth/ or similar real map, either map view or satellite view.

These are quibbles and I hope you continue with a calendar view as suggested elsewhere and more training tools.

Keep up the GREAT WORK GUYS!!!!!!!
Ron
rcmaps

Post by rcmaps »

Great upgrade!

Another feature request/upgrade please is for Isaac to display

Average climbing speed
Average climbing cadence
Average climbing power (and climbing NP)

Is this achievable seeing that Isaac already reports "climbing" in meters/feet?

This would be great to track over time when doing hill repeats or track (climbing) fitness over time.

Thanks
ronpei

Post by ronpei »

rcmaps wrote:Great upgrade!

Another feature request/upgrade please is for Isaac to display

Average climbing speed
Average climbing cadence
Average climbing power (and climbing NP)

Is this achievable seeing that Isaac already reports "climbing" in meters/feet?

This would be great to track over time when doing hill repeats or track (climbing) fitness over time.

Thanks
that exists, if you highlight the climb section then the stats on the side bar will have all of that data, the stats side bar gets renamed to selection stats and those plus a lot more is displayed for the climb. If you are doing repeats I know of no software that will allow you to compare multiple sections at the same time, but that would be a cool feature but probably a nightmare to come up with a way to do it on screen.
rcmaps

Post by rcmaps »

Yes, I do realise that you can manually highlight climbing sections to view the stats. This is useful for hill repeats.

Actually, what I am looking for is the total average for the entire ride. Since, the software already works out total climbing in meters for the whole ride, surely, it is easy to also calculate total climbing distance (in kilometers), average incline on climbs, average cadence used when climbing (to figure out whether it is more efficient climbing using higher cadence or out of saddle bigger gears), average, max and NP climbing power over the entire trip.

This way on rides over the same area over time, I can track how well / fit I am on climbs compared over earlier trips.

Obviously, this will be more useful if the ride is a hilly one.

My previous bike computer prior to the iBike Aero Gen3 was a Sigma Rox 9, the computer is able to display all the above stats and more hence I was missing some of those features when migrating to iBike.

It isn't too difficult to get the stats as I actually wrote an MS Excel macro to calculate these from the exported csv file, however, it will be a lot easier and more convenient to be able to view everything within the software if it isn't too much trouble and if others find this useful.

I am not sure how Isaac defines a "climb", but in my Excel spreadsheet macro, I define it as anything over a 2% gradient, this then discounts all the noise and the minor undulations of the road. I suspect, Isaac uses something closer to around 1%.
JulianBoulter

Post by JulianBoulter »

Velocomp wrote:Version 2.6.2 has been released.
This is fantastic guys thanks so much, I have just paired the Newton data from the Crit I raced today with GPS data from my Garmin and now the Issac file is even more useful because I can see exactly where on the course all the data corresponds with.

Also the Peaks graph is giving me a Training Peaks type view of my performance and allows me to pinpoint where my strengths and weaknesses are....this thing just keeps getting better and better!

I can't overstate how useful all the Issac data is for analyzing a Crit race, when you stack up all the power, wind, cadence, drafting, braking, coasting, gear ratio, speed, and out of saddle efforts, there is nothing else out there that can provide this level of detail!
RobinWarrington

Post by RobinWarrington »

Yes the new release gets a big thumbs up from me as well. I find the new features very usable but… and yes isn't there always a but Im getting the info in the stats box cropped off at the bottom. Looking at the grabs enclosed it must be something I have set that is making this happen but I can't find out what. Ive enclosed a screen shot to show you. Any help you can give me would be great.

Thanks Robin
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-06-20 at 10.53.40 AM.png
Screen Shot 2014-06-20 at 10.53.40 AM.png (60.58 KiB) Viewed 11779 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

We'll have Travis take a look at this one...
John Hamann
travispape
Site Admin

Post by travispape »

RobinWarrington wrote:...a but Im getting the info in the stats box cropped off at the bottom. Looking at the grabs enclosed it must be something I have set that is making this happen but I can't find out what.
It looks like your computer is substituting a different font. The text stat box uses Courier New 12, which is supposed to be included on both Macs and Windows computers. Check to see if Courier New got removed from your Mac.
RobinWarrington

Post by RobinWarrington »

Yes that was it. It's on a mac that I use for work with a font management programme on it. And because I use a lot of fonts some of the default ones have been switched off. All sorted now thanks.

Robin