Download feature/bug fix

KenS

Download feature/bug fix

Post by KenS »

There is a bit of a bug in the downloading function. If I download files under one profile then switch profiles in Newton then the files show up as not having been downloaded.

Heres what happened:
So yesterday I did a calride with one bike. So I've got a ride file for the ride to the start, the calride, a follow up ride to check then the ride home. I downloaded the files and all was good. But I forgot to delete them afterwards. Now, I never tick the "erase when doned" because occasionally a file gets skipped. So I usually manually erase all after downloading but yesterday I forgot to do that.
Today I did a calride on another bike following the same procedure. When I got home and went to download the files all the files from yesterday were showing up in the window as well even though I'd already downloaded them.
I was hoping I could us the download window to download just today's files but it only lets me download one file then exits.
So in the end I did a download all and answered yes to the prompts to overwrite the existing files.

Can this be fixed?
-- Ken
Davis6022

Re: Download feature/bug fix

Post by Davis6022 »

There's an option to select See Download Window, I think it's called. From there you can select which files to download. I normally save my files on the Newton for a couple of days or so just in case I want to redownload them and start my analysis from the original file.
Pete

Post by Pete »

It would be nice, in my opinion, to be able to launch the "Download Ride List" direct from the main screen rather than having to go via the "Download Ride Data" screen. I virtually always only want to download a single ride and if I do want multiple it will still not be all rides.
I presume this could be an option under the "device" menu?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Pete wrote:It would be nice, in my opinion, to be able to launch the "Download Ride List" direct from the main screen rather than having to go via the "Download Ride Data" screen. I virtually always only want to download a single ride and if I do want multiple it will still not be all rides.
I like your idea too! It's a point of friendly discussion between Travis and me, so I will use your posting as "leverage"!
John Hamann
JulianBoulter

Post by JulianBoulter »

Velocomp wrote:
Pete wrote:It would be nice, in my opinion, to be able to launch the "Download Ride List" direct from the main screen rather than having to go via the "Download Ride Data" screen. I virtually always only want to download a single ride and if I do want multiple it will still not be all rides.
I like your idea too! It's a point of friendly discussion between Travis and me, so I will use your posting as "leverage"!
More leverage from me too if you need it, I agree that this will be a good change to have
Pete

Post by Pete »

How much of a time hit is taken to load up the most recent ride file when opening Isaac?

Most times I just want to download my latest ride off the Newton so Isaac opening ideally would be snappier.