merge file in latest release fails to get GPS

rons

merge file in latest release fails to get GPS

Post by rons »

I have merged tcx files many times from my Garmin but now with the new Isaac release it does not pick up the GPS track when I merge, before this release it worked fine.
racerfern

Re: merge file in latest release fails to get GPS

Post by racerfern »

Please post the ride file and the tcx file. What version SW are you on?
Fernando
rons

Post by rons »

Thanks for the response Fernando, oddly enough I merged the same tcx file a second time into the same iBike file, without restarting Isaac and the second time round it grabbed the GPS data. When I saved the csv file and loaded it into Golden Cheetah the GPS trace was there so all turned out fine. This is the first time I have had to reload a file when I merged data. So there may still be a bug in the new version Isaac 2.1.0 I am running but all is well that ends well at least for now :) .
rons

update: merge file in latest release fails to get GPS

Post by rons »

just an update, this option does have a bit of a bug in it. I have replicated the problem again. When it fails it seems to think the unit is not the newton but rather another model. I checked all files and tried both tcx and gpx formats and it failed. On the third try it worked and downloaded the GPS track. When it worked it identified the unit as a newton. In the last version it worked flawlessly but now there is some step in the procedure that tries to identify the unit type and sometimes it gets it wrong, when this happens it does not parse the file to get the GPS data. So yes it kind of works but not reliably. It is not a file issue since I have actually looked at the files as well as tried 2 different file types both with GPS data as standard latitude and longitude data so I have to conclude it is a software glitch.
Clydeone

Post by Clydeone »

Had the same problem last night. Merged a gpx file on a PC and it did not merge it the first time ran it the second time and it worked fine. I can post files when I get to work tomorrow night
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

I'm still hoping someone uploads the ibr and TCX/GPX files so I or someone can have a look.
Fernando