won't export to TCX

smpratt02030

won't export to TCX

Post by smpratt02030 »

I'm trying to export a ride file (iBike Newton) to TCX format and I get a message saying that the file has no GPS data. I've gotten this message for a couple of different files. Any advice would be welcome...
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: won't export to TCX

Post by Velocomp »

The Newton does not have a GPS chip inside it, so it does not have any GPS information to export.
John Hamann
smpratt02030

Post by smpratt02030 »

Why do I need GPS data for a TCX file anyway? The Wahoo fitness app (for example) exports indoor ride data (which doesn't have GPS) to TCX without a hitch. TCX is the easiest format to import into Training Peaks, Map My Ride, etc. I don't want to go through a file merge process for every ride. That becomes like a 4-step process just to upload my data into something other than Isaac.
Zoltan

Post by Zoltan »

Some exporting facilities including fitness file converters like TcxConverter or gpsies.com/convert do require GPS data to make the conversion.

But why dont you simply use .csv of Isaac? For your sake I tested it and TrainingPeaks seems to eat it flawlessly.
Davis6022

Post by Davis6022 »

yes, TrainingPeaks imports .csv files fine, but many of the other sites such as Garmin Connect and MapMyRide won't accept .csv files. It would be a nice feature to be able to export iBike files to .tcx files without the GPS data. It would still have the rest of the data.