English vs metric bug STILL persists in Isaac 2.1.4

Zoltan

English vs metric bug STILL persists in Isaac 2.1.4

Post by Zoltan »

I upgraded to 2.0.1, but i found that the users with metric background still cannot get rid of the returning english setting in some menus as it is the case for a long while. For the list where I found returning english setting see http://www.ibikeforum.com/viewtopic.php ... 757#p15256
Last edited by Zoltan on Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Zoltan

Re: English vs metric bug persists in Isaac 2.0.1, too

Post by Zoltan »

May I get any reaction as regards whether my understanding about this issue is just simply wrong or my bug report is something that will be shortly fixed?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

We will look at this
John Hamann
Zoltan

Post by Zoltan »

Thanks a bunch. Looking forward to your findings.
Zoltan

Post by Zoltan »

Velocomp wrote:We will look at this
FYI now Isaac 2.0.3 is out, but the problem did not disappear. Did you have time to really look at it?
Zoltan

English vs metric bug persists in Isaac 2.1.0, too

Post by Zoltan »

Velocomp wrote:We will look at this
Today I have seen that a major new release of Isaac, namely ver 2.1.0 has been published, but its change log says anything about this long lasting bug (first reported in the summer 2012), thus I decided to simply check it. Although I found no entry about it in the change log, I found that the situation improved as regards remembering metric system settings.

I found two instances where the bug is still there: in Edit Profiles and in Set Display Units. In the second case I am not sure whether it is a bug, because if I set metric in my iBike it might be normal that there is always "english" in Set Display Units, but in the first case it is annoying that the displayed weight data in Edit profiles always revert to lb from kg.

Anyway thanks for the eventual improvement in this matter.

Sidenote: it was just today when I recognized that tire circumference is always in millimeter even in imperial. Funny. :o
Lore_001

Post by Lore_001 »

Zoltan wrote:
Today I have seen that a major new release of Isaac, namely ver 2.1.0 has been published, but its change log says anything about this long lasting bug (first reported in the summer 2012), thus I decided to simply check it. Although I found no entry about it in the change log, I found that the situation improved as regards remembering metric system settings.

I found two instances where the bug is still there: in Edit Profiles and in Set Display Units.
Unfortunately, those are not the only two instances where the bug is still there (I'm on ver 2.1.0, too).

I would also add:
- Analyze\iBike Settings
- Analyze\Wind
- Analyze\Route
- Analyze\Tweak CdA, Crr, Cm
- Tools\Switch Profile After-the-Ride
- Tools\Effort Speed

Not a big issue, still a bit annoying anyway.

Hope to see them fixed in the future.
Lorenzo
Zoltan

Post by Zoltan »

Lore_001 wrote:
Zoltan wrote:

I found two instances where the bug is still there: in Edit Profiles and in Set Display Units.
Unfortunately, those are not the only two instances where the bug is still there (I'm on ver 2.1.0, too).

I would also add:
- Analyze\iBike Settings
- Analyze\Wind
- Analyze\Route
- Analyze\Tweak CdA, Crr, Cm
- Tools\Switch Profile After-the-Ride
- Tools\Effort Speed

Not a big issue, still a bit annoying anyway.

Hope to see them fixed in the future.
Rather strange. Now you listed all the instances where I had problem until 2.0.3. But for me 2.1.0 brought the solution for these menu items. Rather, rather strange..... Strange, because Velocomp (I mean the company) thought that this bug disappeared with the version 2.0 (see the change log), but it did not disappear for me. Now it partly disappears with 2.1.0. But only for me, and not for you.

There may be other element which causes this bug. This time when I checked the actual state of this bug I had not connect my iAero to Isaac in the period of the installation of 2.1.0 and the bug check. It is not so likely, but maybe connecting a device has an impact on this bug. I will report what I will experience
GeirSkog

English vs metric bug persists in Isaac 2.1.4

Post by GeirSkog »

The edit/edit profile menu always starts with english units, metric has to be chosen every time I open this dialog, this messes up the numbers for each conversion. I am running Isaac 2.1.4.
Geir
Zoltan

Re: English vs metric bug persists in Isaac 2.1.4

Post by Zoltan »

GeirSkog wrote:The edit/edit profile menu always starts with english units, metric has to be chosen every time I open this dialog, this messes up the numbers for each conversion. I am running Isaac 2.1.4.
Who cares? :-( I learned to live with it.

See point 1 made back in 2012.