Files skipped on download

KenS

Files skipped on download

Post by KenS »

Normally I downl;oad my days ride file right after the ride but sometimes I have multiple rides saved on the Newton before I download them.
A couple of times now I've noticed that some files were skipped on the download of multiple files.
When downloading I use the Download ride file... button. The ride list shows all the right files then I click Download and Save.
Last time I did this I had 6 files to download and the second and fourth files were skipped. To download them I had to clcik the Download ride files... button. The skipped files did not show up on the New Ride Files list so I clicked Show Download Window, selected the skipped files one at a time, checked Save and clicked Download Ride. This got me the missing files.
Just as well I didn't erase on the initial download.
Sounds like a bug in Isaac (I last used 1.0.8) so can you have a look please?
-- Ken
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Files skipped on download

Post by Velocomp »

When you click the Download Ride List button, the first window that appears shows only those files that have not yet been downloaded. So, if a file has been downloaded previously it won't appear in the first window.

The Show Download Ride Window button shows all files that are stored in the iBike, even if they have been downloaded previously.
John Hamann
KenS

Post by KenS »

What happened was that after a week of riding I had 6 files in the Newton for:
10-Nov-2012
11-Nov-2012
12-Nov-2012
14-Nov-2012
15-Nov-2012
16-Nov-2012
These all showed up in the first window. So I then clicked Download and Save but I did not tick the Erase when Done checkbox.
After a while it said it was done and was displaying the ride file for 16-Nov-2012.
Then I went to open the other files and found the files for 11-Nov-2012 and 15-Nov-2012 were missing.
So then I used the same sequence as before to download them. But they did not show up in the ride list window either so Isaac/Newton thought they had already been downloaded.
At that point I clicked the Show Download Window button and from there I could download the two missing files.
My worry is that if I had ticked the Erase when Done checkbox initially, those files would have been lost for good.
-- Ken
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

I'll report this to Travis.

I always use the "Download Ride File" button. That way, I know what I have downloaded.
John Hamann