Analise Dynamic Cda

Russ

Analise Dynamic Cda

Post by Russ »

Travis,

I see the Analise Dynamic Cda is gone missing from the Analyze menu. I miss that already!
I use it with my road bike which has Profile Design aero bars (set wide for comfort and control).
On my rides, I switch from bars to hoods or higher at about 14 mph (23 kh actually) and have used that tool to give a tad higher accuracy to my average power and all. I realize it usually is only a couple of watts (pocket change to some :-) but still I really like the feature.

In fact, for that feature, should you see fit to return (or fix, if it is a bug :-) it, I would like to see the ability to peg the change over to air speed as well as road speed. This way I would not be in a mental conflict over going to the bars in a headwind but below 23 kh and could take advantage of sitting up at higher road speed with a tail wind.

I have read that the 14 mph point is regarded as where Cda begins to be significant (something we who have an iBike are also more directly familiar with :-)! That being because we can see that it is really near the 14 mph of relative wind - hooah (it is veteran's day so allow me this exclamation :-) !

Thanks,
Russ
texmurphy

Re: Analise Dynamic Cda

Post by texmurphy »

Russ wrote:Travis,
I see the Analise Dynamic Cda is gone missing from the Analyze menu. I miss that already!
I use it with my road bike which has Profile Design aero bars (set wide for comfort and control).
On my rides, I switch from bars to hoods or higher at about 14 mph (23 kh actually) and have used that tool to give a tad higher accuracy to my average power and all. I realize it usually is only a couple of watts (pocket change to some :-) but still I really like the feature...
So I had CdA Analysis in Isaac v1.0.8, but downloaded v1.0.9 and it is now missing.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Analise Dynamic Cda

Post by Velocomp »

CdA analysis is available in 1.0.9, under the tools menu.

Analyze Dynamic CdA is a feature that was withdrawn in 1.0.9. It's tricky to explain and we weren't even sure anyone would notice.

We'll think about adding it back in a future release of SW, once we figure out ourselves how to use it... :D
John Hamann