Wind repair => Total climb is recalculated

Zoltan

Wind repair => Total climb is recalculated

Post by Zoltan »

I use the latest version of Isaac. Since I had lots of problems with the displayed wind speed during a ride, I decided to use the Wind repair function in Isaac. The repair marvelously gave an avg power being in line with an estimation of a 3rd party software, but ISAAC decreased the total climb of 1454 m DOWNLOADED BY ISAAC, which had been in line with the climbing data of my other gadgets, to 1361m independently from the used average wind (relative to the ground) in the repair function.

Why? Why does Isaac recalculate the total climb if one wishes to tweak just the wind?

Thanks
File attached
2012_11_04_0950_83_km.ibr
(660.45 KiB) Downloaded 296 times
Last edited by Zoltan on Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:49 am, edited 4 times in total.
Zoltan

Re: Wind repair => Total climb is recalculated

Post by Zoltan »

Let me ask why I dont get any short official feedback?

a) it is as intended
or
b) it is a sort of bug, please be patient we will fix it.

Thanks
Zoltan

Post by Zoltan »

It is such a bad thing to feel being boycotted.

Did I raise the question in an inaccurate way? Did I make a comment with an inappriate tone? Has the support of Isaac stopped if an inquiry is not linked to the latest generation of the products?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

The Gen III is a discontinued product. We welcome any member providing responses to any question that is asked, but Velocomp support resources are focused on products we currently manufacture.
John Hamann
Zoltan

Post by Zoltan »

Thanks for clarification, it implies that Isaac does not re-calculate the total climb data of Newtons in case of wind repair. Strange for me.

Anyway is there any way to roll back those versions of iBike Software which were tailored to GenIII. I mean can I download some previous versions?