Isaac Help File

oldfartrunner

Isaac Help File

Post by oldfartrunner »

Where is the Isaac Help File? Only see a November 2010 iBike Software file available
John Evans
Russ

Re: Isaac Help File

Post by Russ »

OFR,

Try the help menu in Issac.

Russ
oldfartrunner

Post by oldfartrunner »

Russ wrote:OFR,

Try the help menu in Issac.

Russ
Using the Help Menu in Isaac, the help file is not updated for the software version since 2010. The hardware version help file is June 2012 but does not include the Set Filt option on the Newton+. Just trying to find where the updated information is.
John Evans
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

SET FILT came out in v6.0.2 or 6.0.3 so you won't find it in the current manuals. SET FILT only affects the display of the power numbers. It does not affect recording nor does it affect any other displays. It simply smooths out the power number for whatever your setting is: 0,2,5,10 or 30.
Fernando
oldfartrunner

Post by oldfartrunner »

racerfern wrote:SET FILT came out in v6.0.2 or 6.0.3 so you won't find it in the current manuals. SET FILT only affects the display of the power numbers. It does not affect recording nor does it affect any other displays. It simply smooths out the power number for whatever your setting is: 0,2,5,10 or 30.
Would be nice if there was hardware release notes in the Help menu pull down. Thanks again
John Evans
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

Agreed, however the SET FILT option was a firmware upgrade so that would also require a software upgrade to update the help files. That's quite a bit of work.

Here's the initial announcement,... http://www.ibikeforum.com/viewtopic.php ... ilt#p13483

Note that since 6.0.2 the battery command has changed slightly. In 6.0.3 the BATT is the first screen when hitting the left button. Then to shut off the unit you hold the center button for a couple of seconds.
Fernando
oldfartrunner

Post by oldfartrunner »

racerfern wrote:Agreed, however the SET FILT option was a firmware upgrade so that would also require a software upgrade to update the help files. That's quite a bit of work.

Here's the initial announcement,... http://www.ibikeforum.com/viewtopic.php ... ilt#p13483

Note that since 6.0.2 the battery command has changed slightly. In 6.0.3 the BATT is the first screen when hitting the left button. Then to shut off the unit you hold the center button for a couple of seconds.
I had checked the posts under (Installation) Instructions and Videos. How about we have the hardware release help file regularly updated in the Instructions and Videos area of the forum? And eventually a link or file included in the Isaac Help File menu.
John Evans
ldmitruk

Post by ldmitruk »

Just my $0.02 (CDN)
oldfartrunner wrote:Where is the Isaac Help File? Only see a November 2010 iBike Software file available
This is the one area that drives me nuts about iBike is not having an up to-date, detailed manual for Isaac. I'd like to have documentation that goes into detail about how to work the check calibration, adjusting trainer coefficients and so for. I'd like to suggest rather than creating a PDF document that goes out of date before it's printed to provide a web based help manual. With web base helped any updates to the help can made available to us users very quickly.

I know writing documentation really sucks and is a time consuming task but I think us loyal supporters of iBike need something better than what we currently have for Isaac.

Cheers!
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

I respect your frustration and also appreciate your understanding of the difficulty of keeping up with all of our improvements.

We'll try to get to this...
John Hamann
hiroad

Post by hiroad »

I too have the same frustration and hoping to have the manual for Isaac soon. especially about the Check Calibration function. Is this the same or different from the process done inside my Newton right after the Cal Ride?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

hiroad wrote:I too have the same frustration and hoping to have the manual for Isaac soon. especially about the Check Calibration function. Is this the same or different from the process done inside my Newton right after the Cal Ride?
New Isaac manual was posted a few days ago :D

http://www.ibikeforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2643
John Hamann
hiroad

Post by hiroad »

FANTASTIC! I'm checking the VERY detailed instructions around Check Calibration now. Surely this is the "must have" for all iBike users. THANK YOU John and you iBike guys, you're the best!