ISAAC: Metric always /Wind wrt ground /Temp chart / Clb calc

Zoltan

ISAAC: Metric always /Wind wrt ground /Temp chart / Clb calc

Post by Zoltan »

1. Is it possible somehow to change the setting to metric in a way that ISAAC will remember that I wish to use metric system without any compromise?

If i change the system from english to metric in the top next to Show button ISAAC will remember it. So is it in Power meter comparison and CdA analysis.

But I have to change from english to metric in Analyze menus plus Effort Speed menu each time I open them. Is it because it is some sort of bug or the automatic switch back to english happens due to the profile of the actual ride file opened?
FYI I will get an iBike unit in the coming weeks, for the time being I am analyzing some sample rides which were saved by a unit with english system setting.

2. It is clear for me that one can see the Wind Relative to Ground in the speed/wind chart. But I would like to see it instead of Wind Relative to Bike both in the summary table being on the left and in the two tables in Analyze Wind menu. I already spotted Avg. Ground Wind in analyze Wind menu, so I could find one from the three data I need, but I could not find anywhere the minimum and maximum Wind Relative to Ground.

Is it possible to display them?

EDITED: I found some workaround-like solution. Without the Advanced stats I see tail and head, which practically means min and max respectively. It is a bit uncomfortable to collect the 3 Wind rwt Ground from two places, but I can live with it. Maybe a future enhancement could be to change the wind data in the summary table and in the tables of Analyze Wind menu based on the chosen wind display options.

3. Is there a way to display the temperature chart within ISAAC somehow?

4. What is the method behind getting Clb (climb) total from the elevation data? I can't replicate it with my own smoothing methods without demolishing the grade data calculated by the smoothed elevation. I mean if I smooth heavily the max grade will be less than the max slope data of iBike, if I dont smooth heavily, just in a fine way, I get much higher total climb

Thanks a lot
Last edited by Zoltan on Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zoltan

Re: ISAAC: Metric always /Wind wrt ground /Temp chart / Clb calc

Post by Zoltan »

1. I figured it out. It is how I hinted to myself, if I import any .csv/.ibr saved/recorded in metric units, all the menus will become automatically metric without having to switch to metric.
Zoltan

Post by Zoltan »

Somebody pleeeeease! Maybe question no. 4 is complicated, but no. 3 isnt. Since iBike has a temp sensor and a temp data track, it would be strange that it cannot be displayed in Isaac.

Thanks,
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

Why would you want to see temperature, since it is not used for any calculation would it be just for curiousity?
Fernando
Zoltan

Post by Zoltan »

All the items I listed is for curiosity. Everything wind relative to ground, temperature and of course metric approach, too.

And to understand the calculation of climb is also for curiosity. Whether it comes from elevation only, primary from elevation with some finetuning used slope data, or vice versa.

Anway your re-query on my query suggests that there is no way to display it, is it?
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

Correct, there is no way to display it. I do use some of the SportTracks plug-ins to import the temperature from the exported csv file. For curiousity, the plug-ins for SportTracks serve a nice purpose with pretty graphs.

BTW as far as I know, climbing is calculated from elevation and has nothing to do with slope calculation. Slope is used solely to complete the power calculation.
Fernando
Zoltan

Post by Zoltan »

So my conclusion is

I have two enhancement proposals, see point 2 and 3

We have a bit secretive product manufacturer, see point 4.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Zoltan wrote:So my conclusion is

We don't have resources available to respond to potential users. Please let us know when you own and use an iBike product.
John Hamann
Zoltan

Post by Zoltan »

Clear talk, that's the way I like it. I respect rules.

I'll ring the opening bell when I finally grab the Gen3 which is on their way to me. Until then no question from my side to Velocomp, I'll just try to help people around with my ideas about their not fully iBike specific questions.

I hope I can come back within a week or so.
Zoltan

Post by Zoltan »

Velocomp wrote:

We don't have resources available to respond to potential users. Please let us know when you own and use an iBike product.
Dear John,

Can you please give me a hint. I am not a potential user any longer, I own and use an iAero for 3 days.

Thanks.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Zoltan wrote:
Velocomp wrote:

Dear John,

Can you please give me a hint. I am not a potential user any longer, I own and use an iAero for 3 days.

Thanks.
We have a proprietary algorithm.
John Hamann
Zoltan

Post by Zoltan »

OK, i got it. Is this algoritm differ through the 4 generation, or can I be sure that eg Newtons and iAero Gen3 units will show the same total climb data? If not, what is the main difference in your approaches/algoritms?

Thank you

Regarding imperial vs metric: there are some memu which open as english always even after changing Isaac to "fully" metric by settings. These are 1) Edit profiles and 2) Set Display Units. 3) in Download Coast Down & ... the weight is in lb, even if metric is shown at the left bottom part of the dialog box, if i switch to english and back to metric, it will be kg, but originally (meaning when launching this menu) it is always in lb independently from metric or english as a setting.
Not big problems, i can live with these small uncomfortable issues using this amazingly good software, I just wished to share my findings
Zoltan

Post by Zoltan »

Re point 1: At last it was fixed
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Zoltan wrote:Re point 1: At last it was fixed
Better late than never... :-)
John Hamann
KenS

Post by KenS »

One minor "bug" remaining on this. I redid a cal ride after moving the mount and when I fired up Isaac it asked me for my profile details. It was correctly showing the "metric" selection but on the second screen all my existing details (weight height etc) were showing in English units. I found that on the first screen I had to switch to English and back to Metric to make sure metric numbers are displayed.
-- Ken
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

KenS wrote:One minor "bug" remaining on this. I redid a cal ride after moving the mount and when I fired up Isaac it asked me for my profile details. It was correctly showing the "metric" selection but on the second screen all my existing details (weight height etc) were showing in English units. I found that on the first screen I had to switch to English and back to Metric to make sure metric numbers are displayed.
We will look in to this.
John Hamann