Repair of Time / Date issue

rstrom

Repair of Time / Date issue

Post by rstrom »

So I had an issue with my Newton where I was told to reset the unit.

I knew that whenever you replaced the battery in the iAero that you had to reset the time/date but I did not think about that with the Newton (I still don't understand why the time / date cannot be retained).

Anyway, I went on a ride on Saturday and the unit was working fine but when I downloaded it I discovered that the time and date was wrong. I used the repair function and thought that all was well.

Now comes the tricky part.

I also merged this file with an Android My tracks file and exported it so that it could be uploaded to Strava.

- Apparently the time / date repair only fixes the start time. It does not fix any of the rest of the times throughout the reminder of the file.
- So now the file is uploaded to Strava and I can't find it.
- I open a support ticket and get told that all the dates in the file are 6/6/2012
- It took me a bit to figure out how and why that could be (I tried fixing the time / date again, exported the file again, looked at the .CSV and the .TCX files)

The files are attached.

iBike, can you please fix / make the time / date repair function so that it fixes all the time / date stamps within the resulting files?

Thanks,

Robert
Attachments
iBike_07_28_2012_0503_75_Miles.zip
I tried including the exported .CSV also but the resulting .zip file was too big. Let me know if you need/want it also.
(1.75 MiB) Downloaded 314 times
travispape
Site Admin

Re: Repair of Time / Date issue

Post by travispape »

Yep, we have a bug to fix that I will work on. I looked at the code and saw that when you repair the time, it only affects the start time as you say.

However, there is a way that you could have avoided the problem. If you include the timestamps from the GPS, you would have the correct times. Just check the checkbox as shown below, and you will get the GPS timestamps.
merge timestamp.PNG
merge timestamp.PNG (171.86 KiB) Viewed 3153 times
rstrom

Re: Repair of Time / Date issue

Post by rstrom »

I did think about that but I was also able to fix it pretty quickly in Excel with search and replace.

Search and replace date

Search and replace hour e.g.

Search for 10: and replace with 05:
Search for 11: and replace with 06:
Search for 12: and replace with 07:
etc.

Once I thought about how to do the search and replace it only took about 2 minutes.

Glad to know that you're going to fix the bug though :)

Thanks,

Robert