Bug on 1-way ride

cwwees

Bug on 1-way ride

Post by cwwees »

iBike software has asked, for several versions now, "Did this ride finish where it started?" I understand this is used to help with barometric pressure drift during the ride - assuring that elevation matches at the end to what it reads at the start.

My problem comes when I answer "no" and the software insists on marking the out-and-back portion of a ride which had no such out-and-back It would seem that when my ride is one-way (commuting to work), I could prevent the software from even *trying* to identify an out-and-back portion of the ride to attempt elevation leveling.

Charlie
racerfern

Re: Bug on 1-way ride

Post by racerfern »

I wouldn't call it a bug. I see the same thing on occasion for my ride from home to work. If there's an area that has similar terrain you might see an out/back marked section when to you it obviously isn't. Just uncheck it. The analysis portion has improved tremendously and it will probably get tweaked a bit more as some of these examples are discussed.

Bottom line, you're right, if it's a ride that didn't start and end at the same place then there shouldn't be an out/back selection for the most part.
Fernando