A test for Mac customers

travispape
Site Admin

A test for Mac customers

Post by travispape »

I have a new build of the iBike SW available, but I have made a big change to the Mac installer and need some folks to test it out to make sure there aren't any unforseen issues. I've changed it from being a PKG type installation to the easier method of "drag into the Applications folder" from a DMG image.

Here are links to the installers:

http://www.ibikesports.com/iBike_update ... _Small.zip
http://www.ibikesports.com/iBike_update ... _5_0_1.zip

If you already have iBike5 installed, you only need the Small installer; however, it would be helpful if a couple of you test the full installer. Both the NI Visa and SiLabs drivers in the full installer are the most recent version and probably are newer than what you already have.

Post here or email me (tpape at velocomp) to let me know the results. If there are no big problems I will cut it loose on the auto online update system.

Thanks,

Travis
Ratman

Re: A test for Mac customers

Post by Ratman »

As a new Mac convert, I'd be happy to test the new full installer as I don't have any older versions loaded. I've imported all of my .csv ride files from my Windows days into a folder on the "Mac side" of my Macbook Pro. Is there a setting in the new program to define the default ride folder or do I need to move the .csv rides to a folder named something like .../Applications/iBike/Rides?

Thanks!
lorduintah

Post by lorduintah »

Ratman -

You can use the Preferences to set your data location.

Preferences are located in the dropdown menu for Edit in the application.

There is a tab that has data file information and a Browse button to let you go fetch the location.

That should get you there.

Tom
Ratman

Post by Ratman »

Thanks, Tom, that sounds pretty straightforward.
lorduintah

Post by lorduintah »

Travis -

Install worked for me - I used the big file over the previous drivers and application.

Tom
Ratman

Post by Ratman »

Travis:
Looks like the full download worked for me, too. As an aside, I thought there was a post not too long ago that mentioned how to see Normalized Power, etc., in the bottom of the upper left-hand corner ride data summary window (as in the old iBike software application). I've looked around without success -- could you point me to the right place?

Thanks.
pjboyle

Post by pjboyle »

At the upper right above the charts, click the "show" button. In the dialog that opens, check the "advanced stats" box at lower right.

PJBoyle
Ratman

Post by Ratman »

Thanks, PJ, there it is...works like a charm!
travispape
Site Admin

Post by travispape »

Thanks for trying it out. I didn't hear of any problems so I cut 5.0.1 loose a while ago. People should start seeing the update alert.

Travis