Rain; Fixing iBike file; iBike File Format

rstrom

Rain; Fixing iBike file; iBike File Format

Post by rstrom »

Hello,

I was out on a beautiful drizzly to rainy morning on Saturday and towards the end of the ride the dreaded iBike rain wig-out happened.

So I found myself pulling the unit off a few times and trying both blowing or sucking on the wind port to get any water out, I think that the sucking on the wind port worked best.

*** Is it OK to do this? ***

So that solved my immediate problem on the road (and reduced the amount of time that the power reading were messed up) but now I need to fix the file.

I noted that there were two places where the power reading were WAY high (like 2700w and 1900w). I found these in the file and fixed them by assigning values similar to the surrounding values. Then I found an area where there was cadence and no power and no wind. I fixed the wind to zero and that appears to have fixed the power to reasonable numbers in that area (~2:35:00 - ~2:48:11).

So now "I think" that I've got the file pretty much fixed but the TSS sure seems a bit high to me. Does the TSS automatically adjust as the file is modified or does something else need to be updated in the file (all I adjusted was some power numbers)?

Much of the iBike file is pretty self explanatory but I am curious as to what the numbers in row 4 are. Is there any documentation on the iBike file format? Can you pass this documentation along?

Modified file attached.

Thanks much,

Robert
Attachments
iBike_07_31_2010_0519_49_Miles.csv
(2.52 MiB) Downloaded 309 times
Morocco Mole

Re: Rain; Fixing iBike file; iBike File Format

Post by Morocco Mole »

Robert

If you can revert back to the original file, there is an option in the iBike software under tools "Repair selection for blocked wind sensor" . Give that try and compare your results, that feature is really designed for situations such as rain entering the wind port.

Cheers
Jim