iBike 4 and Cycling Peaks

ludlaw

iBike 4 and Cycling Peaks

Post by ludlaw »

I have used Cycling Peaks for a long time to analyze and save my iBike ride files. They have always worked well together( except for the fact that I have to download the ride file via iBike 4 and then open the file with Cycling Peaks. However, if I use the new "route analysis" feature I lose almost all of my power data when I try to open the file via Cycling Peaks. The power data is in the iBike ride file but for some reason I consistently lose it if I try to convert the file to WKO (but only if I use the route analysis feature). I have turned off the route analysis feature in my iBike 4 preferences but am wondering if there is some better solution for this problem.
racerfern

Re: iBike 4 and Cycling Peaks

Post by racerfern »

I'm downloading my iAero data with 4.0.3 and doing Route Analyze. Then I save the file in a new directory so I always have my originals. I drag and drop the csv files onto WKO 3.0+ and everything comes in correctly including wind and temperature. Are you opening the file with Excel and saving it prior to opening it with WKO, as that will change the structure?
Fernando
ludlaw

Post by ludlaw »

When I download the files with iBike 4 I automatically save them to the CyclingPeaks directory. Then I simply open the file with Cycling Peaks and then re-save it as a WKO file. It saves me the step of dropping/dragging into Cycling Peaks.
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

That shouldn't affect anything. Why don't you upload one of the files that won't read correctly in WKO and I can take a look.
Fernando
ludlaw

Post by ludlaw »

Fernando:

Attached is my iBike file (after route analysis). Oddly, the power data in the WKO raw file are largely missing. This only occurs when I use route analysis.
Attachments
iBike_04_13_2010_1734_36_Miles.csv
(1.38 MiB) Downloaded 337 times
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

I think the problem has something to do with your cadence sensor. You have quite a few record points where cadence is not showing correctly. Check the cadence magnet for alignment since the iBike calculates no cadence = no power.

There is a selection in the iBike software that fixes missing cadence signal. Try applying that fix to this file and and see what happens. I'm behind a firewall at work so I can't run iBike software here, I can only look in Excel.

Let me know.
Fernando