iBike 4 Software+Pairing Sensors

jlbeau

iBike 4 Software+Pairing Sensors

Post by jlbeau »

I don't know if it's the new software or changing out all my batteries recently, but whatever the case everyime I begin a new ride I need to enter Setup and scan/pair for the SPD, CAD & HRT sensor(s). It finds them just fine but i thought once i did it I did not have to do scan/pair for every subsequent ride. Presently this is not case.

Can something be done to fix this constant scan and pair for the 3 sensors before every ride...........
Suggestions greatly appreciated...........Thanks........jlbeau
Ratman

Re: iBike 4 Software+Pairing Sensors

Post by Ratman »

Same for me.
coachboyd

Post by coachboyd »

When you hook up your iBike to the software, go into profiles->edit profiles->extract from iBike.

If you already have the profile listed it will tell you which matching profile is there. Go into that and see if you have wireless ID's stored. If you do, try re-sending that profile to the iBike. I'm not sure if that will work or not, but it's worth a shot.

It sounds as if the wireless IDs aren't being stored into the profile for some reason.
Boyd Johnson
http://www.boydcycling.com - high performance carbon wheels and accessories
berveling

Post by berveling »

I had a similar problem, but am not sure whether it arose from iBike 4 or from a new profile. After assistance from Velocomp, I resolved it by consciously re-pairing the sensors with the profile. My cadence/speed sensor is a Garmin, so I pushed the button on it, rotated the cranks etc, the light turns from red to green: problem solved. Happy.