New iBike 4.01 software

Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

New iBike 4.01 software

Post by Velocomp »

iBike 4.01 software is now available. If you've already installed iBike 4.0 you can get access to iBike 4.01 by going to Help/Check online for Update...

If you have NEVER INSTALLED ANY VERSION OF IBIKE 4, then you can use one of these three links for a "full" install:

Windows: http://www.ibikesports.com/iBike_update ... taller.exe
Mac: http://www.ibikesports.com/iBike_update ... taller.zip
PowerPC: http://www.ibikesports.com/iBike_update ... taller.zip

The big change in iBike 4.0.1 is that the iBike 4.0.1 SW will now check automatically for any iBike SW, FW, and trainer profile updates. You'll find this new search feature in the Edit/Preferences menu item. Check the Release Notes in the Help menu for other changes.
John Hamann
lorduintah

Re: New iBike 4.01 software

Post by lorduintah »

PowerPC still points to 4.0.0. and it looks like the Mac version still downloads 4.0.0. even though the link shows 4.0.1.

If the "Mac" version listed is Universal Binary - maybe it should be described as such - UB.

A few minor nits about not following Apple UI guidelines, too. Preferences and About iBike should be under the first menu (iBikeMac) - not over in the help or elsewhere.

Tom
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

We did not provide a 4.0.1 version of PPC Mac; not enough time to get it uploaded. This will happen next week.

Nit noted but we'll probably leave things as-is; this maximizes compatibility of iBike 4 with the Windows version.
John Hamann
lorduintah

Post by lorduintah »

John -

Appreciate the followup - as I wrote - it is a nit on the User Interface stuff - changing it now would also befuddle a few users. If you had followed Apple UI guidelines, then the Windows people would be confused. My fault for using one of my Macs and not one of my PCs.

Glad to see adding the "auto-update" approach, though.

My new iBike Pro - seems I am getting a wind scaling around 2.47 - my last one was only half of that. I will hopefully get a couple of days that are fair enough to check out a ride or two and see if this higher value is real. - I had not even moved the previous wireless mount...
velobob

Post by velobob »

John,

I've been trying install 4.01 onto an new iMac running OSX 10.6.2. When I start the application, I get an "iBikeMac.app alert: Could not find the LabVIEW Runtime, you may need to install it." I did indeed install the LabView as prompted, and restarted the iMac afterwards.
Any idea what to do?

Bob :(
lorduintah

Post by lorduintah »

I was getting the same message on my MacBook Pro running 10.6.2. First I tried to use the instructions on removing all files from the National Instruments install - you will find a folder in the Applications folder that has a text file for removing the files.

A reboot and then another attempt at installing and I still got the same message.

So I went back and reinstalled one of the 3.0x versions I had around - that version worked.

I then went directly to the 4.01 installer and ran again - success.

Appears there may be something broken in the chain. I cannot guarantee that you will have the same luck. I have had Macs since way back at the 512 days. Also have been running UNIX forever - so I may have played a few other tricks to get up and going.

Tom
travispape
Site Admin

Post by travispape »

velobob wrote:John,

I've been trying install 4.01 onto an new iMac running OSX 10.6.2. When I start the application, I get an "iBikeMac.app alert: Could not find the LabVIEW Runtime, you may need to install it." I did indeed install the LabView as prompted, and restarted the iMac afterwards.
Any idea what to do?

Bob :(
I'm not sure why you would have this problem. Contact me if it still isn't working and we'll debug it: tpape@velocomp.com

Travis