IF

JoseJ

IF

Post by JoseJ »

After a 4 hour ride at endurance pace or zone 2. I get an average and NP in zone 2...so far so good....but acording to Coogan and Allen...my IF shows active recovery..0,66..it was not recovery atall...it was a hard enduramce ride. Could some body tell me why?..I did not change my newton settings nor my FTP.
Thank you
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: IF

Post by Velocomp »

From where are you getting the zone numbers? We provide the NP wattages but not the zones.
John Hamann
JoseJ

Post by JoseJ »

From trainingpeaks....but zones match with...FTP%
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

This sounds like an issue you'll need to discuss with Training Peaks. How they define their zones, and how they calculate them.
John Hamann
Pete

Post by Pete »

What IF does Isaac show for the same ride?

IF is just NP/FTP so should not be hard to narrow down the issue.
JoseJ

Post by JoseJ »

The IF I mean comes from isaac and newton
Forget about zones...I ride at %FTP that equal to endurance...acording to velocomp or training peaks they ate about the same...and i get an average and NP...of endurance...but If..shows...0.66..wich means Active Recovery...all date come from ibike
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

JoseJ wrote:After a 4 hour ride at endurance pace or zone 2. I get an average and NP in zone 2...so far so good....but acording to Coogan and Allen...my IF shows active recovery..0,66..it was not recovery atall...it was a hard enduramce ride. Could some body tell me why?..I did not change my newton settings nor my FTP.
Thank you
.66 is endurance so I think the issue is with Coggan/Allen. Are you looking at HR tables instead of power tables?

POWER ZONES
< .60 active recovery
.60-.75 endurance
.75-.90 tempo
.90-1.05 FTP
Fernando
JoseJ

Post by JoseJ »

Typical IF values for various training sessions or races are as follows:

Less than 0.75 recovery rides0.75-0.85 endurance-paced training rides0.85-0.95 tempo rides, aerobic and anaerobic interval workouts (work and rest periods combined), longer (>2.5 h) road races0.95-1.05 lactate threshold intervals (work period only), shorter (<2.5 h) road races, criteriums, circuit races, longer (e.g., 40 km) TTs1.05-1.15 shorter (e.g., 15 km) TTs, track points raceGreater than 1.15 prologue TT, track pursuit, track miss-and-out

I hope you are right.. but these values are from traingpeaks and from allen s book traing and racing with a powermeter..and they refer to power not to heart rate

So...either there is a mistake im the book or. I am wrong
about something i am missing
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

Understood, I went online and found the numbers you refer to. FWIW, .66 for more than four hours is no recovery ride. That's a hard ride that falls smack into endurance in my opinion.

The iBike and Newton math is spot on so I guess things have changed since the first edition of Training and Racing...

Anyone have both books to compare?
Fernando