Difference between ibike, SRM and doctors power meter

Christian

Difference between ibike, SRM and doctors power meter

Post by Christian »

Following situation: riding on my elite e motion on step "zero" at about 200 watts I have a HR of about 115. So I can do this a hole movie if it's a good one or, if not, until it becomes boring.
Yesterday I had an appointment with my internist for a routine check up including a power test. Cause of the sensors on the front of the body I had to lay on my back during the riding. At the 200 watts step I was far away from boring, but had to work hard. The 200 watts felt much stronger than on my rollers.
I thought, the reason was the different and new position.
Today I went to a power test with determining the anaerobe ramp. This time on a bike with a SRM system. Result: at the 200 watt step I stopped talking and had a HR of 145.
In my mind there could be two reasons for this big different: The internists power meter and the SRM are damaged and my ibike/ e motion combo is the state of the art.
To be serious I would like to know whats wrong with my set up?

Thanks for answers

Christian
Christian

Re: Difference between ibike, SRM and doctors power meter

Post by Christian »

....looking in the www., I have to realize there are two rollers with the same name. The inside ride emotion rollers and the European Elite emotion rollers.
The U.S. has 4 steps of resistance and my Elite only the steps 0-1-2. So can anybody tell me how I could compare this two allocations ? May be this is the reason for my different perception.

Christian
JoseJ

Re: Difference between ibike, SRM and doctors power meter

Post by JoseJ »

Hello christian
when bad wheater I go to gym in order to train on a powerbike....I always feel it harder than on my ibike in fact on the powerbike I get a 230 FTP...and on my ibike a 300FTP...my first thought was there must be something wrong... but I think that it is due to working out indors...I get too hot and too swet.....besides...on the road once your bike is moving it is easy to keep going...however on rollers they have to maintain an artificial resistence in order to simulate friction...wind...etc..y
I think that is the reason because it feels much harder....but I maybe wrong
if somebody knows an explanation please I would appreciate
thank you
A good way to check it would be to perform a Ftp test and look if you get the same wattage than on the road