TSS numbers

madmaxx

TSS numbers

Post by madmaxx »

I was wondering how to properly interpret the TSS numbers found in the Ibike; ex. 66_46 as i understand the TSS score is roughly around <150 recovery to more than >450 very high
i have also performed the 20min Fit test and double checked the value in the racer mode if it updated automatically and it did.

other details that might be necesssary;
I rode 50km today
my FTP is 251 (i did the test a few days ago)
NP = 153
IF 0_614
TSs 66_46

Appreciate the inputs...
racerfern

Re: TSS numbers

Post by racerfern »

I don't know that you "interpret" TSS numbers. You track them for the purpose of tracking your TSB (Training Stress Balance) and other metrics.

http://www.peaksware.com/articles/cycli ... chart.aspx has some great info.
Fernando
madmaxx

Post by madmaxx »

Thanks Fernando its a good article but i guess a more appropriate question would be how could i correlate the data provided by Ibike in the TSs screen that reads 66_46 to that of the ibike operating instructions released Nov 2010 page 53 that states;

Importantly, TSS also quantifies how tired you can expect to be after a workout and
how long the residual fatigue might last.
• Less than 150 - low (recovery generally complete by following day)
• 150-300 - medium (some residual fatigue may be present the next day, but
gone by 2nd day)
• 300-450 - high (some residual fatigue may be present even after 2 days)
• Greater than 450 - very high (residual fatigue lasting several days likely)

Thanks...
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

What is 66.46? For me that's about one hour at a brisk but certainly not hard pace. Or it's 45 minutes of a really hard workout.

You should expect 100TSS for an absolute max effort for one hour. This is nearly impossible to do expect under the best of conditions. If you can exceed 100TSS in one hour then you have your FTP set too low.

I did a very hard century in October and accumulated 460TSS over the course of the day. I took the next two days off and only did recovery rides for a couple of days after that.

TSS is just a number that you use in calculations. It's simply the stress buildup on your body for that activity. What you do with that number is what matters.

Does that help?
Fernando
madmaxx

Post by madmaxx »

Perfect! That was what i was looking for.....

thanks again. :D