help with my ibike file

cure

help with my ibike file

Post by cure »

hi, i went on a 60 mile ride with 2 roadies on the 4th of july, my first time out so far. basically im looking at my wind velocity, im not too sure how to read it, coach boyd has a youtube review on it but the blue color is below the white line; never over, how come? i was drafting them and they were too...

also for power reading and improvement, how would i go about understanding what im looking at in the file and using it to my advantage? sorry about the questions, i'd appreciate suggestions/ advice. thank you.
Attachments
iBike_07_04_2010_1914_60_Miles.csv
(613.65 KiB) Downloaded 347 times
architect-stamp
racerfern

Re: help with my ibike file

Post by racerfern »

It appears you need to do a cal ride (or another cal ride) as your wind scaling is off. Sure you could have long stints with tailwind or drafting but yours is completely negative as you know.

Try to do your calride in as calm conditions as possible, two built in two mile ride will do just fine but follow the instructions as far as staying away from cars etc. as much as possible. Be sure to zero your wind offset before setting out on the cal ride and double check yourself on it. I like to go to the wind offset screen, cup my hand to shield the port and wait a few seconds as the unit settles into a number. Then I press the center button. It's easy on a calm day, not so easy in windy situations.
Fernando
cure

Post by cure »

hello again,

im wondering if the reason why my file has blue below the white the whole time was due to the fact that my cables were in front of the opening in the ibike?? i have sora shifters and the cables are in integrated in the handlebar, so they are hanging out in front of my ibike! could this be possible? if so, i dont know what to do except upgrade/ change it so the cables aren't looped outside?
architect-stamp
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

The iBike adjusts for the conditions at the time of the cal ride. If you had cables in front then they're taken into account just like everything else.

Your constant tailwind is due to either a poor quality calride that doesn't reflect normal conditions or a poor wind offset prior to the ride.
Fernando