Fit Train intervals

jparker

Fit Train intervals

Post by jparker »

Ok this may be a stupid question but when I go into fit train and select strength I'm only seeing levels 0 and 1. I have printed out all the pre programed levels with the times and % of my FTP that I should be using in each type of interval-being fat, cardio & strength. Coachboyd had it posted thru a link on the forum so I printed it out. The pre programed intervals for strength even at level 4 have 0,1&2 and I'm in level 6 and I'm only seeing 0 and 1 and I really don't want to have to build all those intervals into the custom interval when they should already be in the pre programed intervals. Am I missing something because I can't figure it out and knowing my luck it's probably something very simple so anyone please let me know what you think it is that I'm not doing correctly. Thanks

OK I've noticed no one has replied to this question so does this mean that no one uses the pre programmed intervals or that there is no other levels besides 0 and 1 :?: :? reposted 6/8
jazclrint

Re: Fit Train intervals

Post by jazclrint »

Having read the book it was my understanding that only a few workouts have three level choices. Level 1 only has 2. I just hit level 3 today so I'll see what that has. I suspect that there are many of us who only dream of hitting level six, and just couldn't speak to it.
'98 ProFlex 5500c under construction
'13 Schwinn Fastback custom build
'05 Bianchi Axis custom build
'13 Reline Metro Sport custom build
'15 GT Sensor Carbon Pro custom build
'?? A bike who's existence shall not be acknowledged
MdC

Post by MdC »

Edit your current profile in the software and check if the FTP is set correctly in the basic tab.
I found the ranges in the built in intervals did not match what Boyd had in the spreadsheet for level 7, but that was a while ago and may have been fixed.
jparker

Post by jparker »

Yeah I checked that and even changed it to see if I could get to a level that had the 3 intervals but the preprogrammed intervals are solely based on what your ftp is from your 20 min fitness test results. You can't change your watts per kg manually so even if you change your ftp in the software and down load it to your ibike the wkg doesn't change within it. I ended up making the intervals in the custom section of the software and put the info. from the spreadsheet in. Thanks for the suggestions and replies :!:
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

But you should be able to change your FTP in the iBike directly, not the software. That will recalculate the w/kg based on your FTP and personal weight inputs.

I don't use the pre-programmed intervals but I think quite a few people do.
Fernando
coachboyd

Post by coachboyd »

I think due to space concerns some of the pre-programmed intervals had to be removed for a bit until we can figure out how to rework them. The pre-programmed intervals in the iDash interface are probably going to be the way we go. This will you guys more options without having to e a certain level so unlock all the workouts.
Boyd Johnson
http://www.boydcycling.com - high performance carbon wheels and accessories