Intervals question

swdenver

Intervals question

Post by swdenver »

Is there a way to perform an interval and be able to see the average power and time of that interval as it is occurring?

Currently, I check the time and then hold down the left button to start a lap. So if I want to do a 3 minute interval, I have to know
what the time into the ride when I started the lap counter and add 3 minutes to that to know when my interval is completed. Is
there a way to see the lap timer (starting a 0 seconds once the left button is pressed and held). I also have no way of knowing what
my average power is during the interval since the Avg measurement (top button) is for the entire ride. Is there a way to see what
the running average power for an interval is? I know that I see the average power after the lap is completed (pressing the left
button and holding down again) but sometimes, especially for longer intervals, I like to see the running average.
racerfern

Re: Intervals question

Post by racerfern »

Assuming you have a Gen3 then press and hold the right button. That will put you in interval mode called Fit Train.
There are
User - Start pedaling and press the center button at any time to start a new interval. The top window will be AVG power the middle current power and the bottom window is the timer.
iB3 - Intervals designed in the iBike software then downloaded to the iBike. I guess by now it should be called iB4 :o
Then you have the internally declared intervals based on your w/kg from the fitness test, either FAT, Cardio or Strength.

Depending on the interval method some will count up from zero and some will count down to zero.

To pause the interval timer which has nothing to do with actually stopping recording when you stop, just press the left button. Press it again to start the timer.

All of this is in the user manuals located under help in iB4 software.
Fernando
coachboyd

Post by coachboyd »

Fernando nailed it. The user intervals sound like exactly what you need for seeing this. Being able to see average watts and current watts for any interval is the key to having consistent wattage throughout the interval and being able to nail your target number for each interval.

You can review through your past intervals by scrolling the up and down arrows while in interval mode.

Here is a screenshot of the type of workout you can do while using the user intervals. A couple things to notice with this workout is you can immediately tell where the intervals are, and by being able to look at average power and current power throughout the interval, you can see how consistent the wattage is held.
Attachments
20minute intervals.jpg
20minute intervals.jpg (147.35 KiB) Viewed 4299 times
Boyd Johnson
http://www.boydcycling.com - high performance carbon wheels and accessories
swdenver

Post by swdenver »

Thanks for the replies. This is exactly what I was looking for. I continue to be amazed at the versatility of this computer.