Using iAero w/DFPM to test aero position and equipment?

dtrousdale

Using iAero w/DFPM to test aero position and equipment?

Post by dtrousdale »

From what I've read so far, it seems like the major advantage to me for buying a Quarq DFPM to pair with my iAero is to use the "Time Advantage" and "Continuous CdA" features to test my aero position and equipment and to monitor my performance following any changes I may make. I did read Boyd's post about his experience. Have any others been using a DFPM this way? If so, what has been your experience? Have you noticed any significant improvements based on the use of this configuration?
turbomentor

Re: Using iAero w/DFPM to test aero position and equipment?

Post by turbomentor »

I use a DFPM in conjunction with my iAero as well.

The key is to get a really solid calibration dialed in. Once you do that, you can see changes in CdA easily.

I have not made any major position or equipment changes but I am planning on doing so soon. When I do, I am taking my bike, my laptop and my iAero to a long straight stretch of road and do some wind tunnel testing with various configs.

I have not yet set up the new IB3 software, but I'm hopeful that it will provide CdA readings in the data pane just like it does with every other metric. That would be a great tool for aero geeks to use!