iAero and Garmin 310XT

jasonod

iAero and Garmin 310XT

Post by jasonod »

Apart from a question about the Garmin 310XT HR strap, I didn't see any other posts, so here it goes: I am considering the Garmin 310XT, which is ANT+ compatible. Would the HR and power be displayed on the iAero unit or on the Garmin 310XT unit? And depending on the first answer, when I hop off the bike, will my HR data be displayed on the Garmin 310XT unit?

Anyone with experience using this set up, please reply. Thanks,

Jason
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: iAero and Garmin 310XT

Post by Velocomp »

Yes, the iAero will display HR and power data (as well as speed and cadence, too). All sensor data will be displayed on both units simultaneously. Yes, your 310XT will continue to display HR data after you hop off the bike.
John Hamann
jasonod

Post by jasonod »

Thanks John!
bex
Location: 'twixt Sylvan Lake and Eckville in Alberta, born in Manchester England. Always an Englishman

Post by bex »

Presumably, not before buying the garmin firmware though?
I just bought a 310Xt and it paired the sensors but does not display power (I really don't need it to, I was just checking)
Or am I wrong?

Bex
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Yes, you will need the GT firmware loaded into your iBike.
John Hamann
BOSERO

Post by BOSERO »

I just unlocked the trainer function and garmin functions of my iAero via GT key code supplied by vendor. Desktop software indicated that the trainer and garmin functions are unlocked. But when trying to display power numbers on the 310xt... nothing happens. I enabled pairing on my Garmin but nothing happens. What could be wrong? How do I know if the iAero I purchased is indeed a GT version?

I don't need the power number to show on my garmin as they are in the iAero but I would like to see it happening as this is what I supposedly paid for. And it would also be nice to look at my power numbers on the garmin files on my desktop.

Has anyone experience this problem? Help please?
anthro

Post by anthro »

yes, I'm recently having the exact same problem after I update the latest firmware. I know this has been awhile for you, but did you find a solution? My Iaero is less than a year old and it is a GT.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

anthro wrote:yes, I'm recently having the exact same problem after I update the latest firmware. I know this has been awhile for you, but did you find a solution? My Iaero is less than a year old and it is a GT.
Please contact technicalsupport@velocomp.com
John Hamann
TriBike

Post by TriBike »

It is also necessary to run a scan for sensors on the iAero, in order to get the P out function to work. What I would recommend, is doing a hard reset of the iBike, by reversing the battery in the unit for about 10 seconds. After you do this, be sure that the unit is on the mount, and scan for the sensors with the iBike. You should see, during the scan, a screen flash that says "P out".