CDA adjustment for Disc Wheel

Morocco Mole

CDA adjustment for Disc Wheel

Post by Morocco Mole »

Hi Guys, I've got a Zipp Sub 9/1080 combo on loan for this weekends State ITT Titles. Normally I like to calibrate my bike setup using a powertap so I have a baseline that is accurate between my Road and TT Bike. I have a profile for my TT bike I am very happy with and rather than create a new profile using the Sub 9, I would rather just make some slight tweaks to allow for the additional aerodynamics. My original profile was create with low profile Mavic Open pro's, can anyone suggest the CDA advantage using the Sub 9 and 1080 Combo? I'm still going to do some coast downs tomorrow for reference purposes. Thanks
coachboyd

Re: CDA adjustment for Disc Wheel

Post by coachboyd »

You are probably going to be using a skinsuit as well on the time trial. Did you use one when you made your profiles?

What I have found for myself is that with training wheels, regular jersey and shorts, and regular helmet, my cda is right around .247
When I switch to skinsuit, sero helmet, and a trispoke and disc wheel, my cda drops to .210

Of course this is just my example, and it doesn't mean that it will be the same drop for everybody.
Boyd Johnson
http://www.boydcycling.com - high performance carbon wheels and accessories