COM port missing

jcash

COM port missing

Post by jcash »

After about a week of flawless use i can no longer connect to my iBike. It offers me COM1 or Com 3 but if I look in the device manager it is set up for COM5. Rebooting did not help. If I log in under my wifes profile and start Iibike2 I can connect to COM5 and download but it doesn't have any of my coast downs. Right now my only choice is to log in under my wifes profile and download then log off and log in under my profile and attache the coast down, not ideal. Any thoughts?
tess360

Re: COM port missing

Post by tess360 »

I'm a newbie as well and I know virtually nothing. But no one has responded to your post so I thought I would. I, too, have had some com port issues. I've had my iBike for 2 weeks. It was perfect connecting to my computer for a week, and then it wouldn't. Said com port missing or something like that. Then I poured through the forum and somewhere found the advice to go to Device, Connect and that is the only way I can get the computer to talk to the iBike. I don't know if that is your issue but that's all I know.
racerfern

Re: COM port missing

Post by racerfern »

Hmmm. I don't do it any other way. I always click on connect first before trying anything else. I guess it's just a good habit I got into.
Fernando