Sync with Garmin Data

ldmitruk

Sync with Garmin Data

Post by ldmitruk »

Hi,

I've been trying to sync my Garmin files with the output from my IBike files and it just isn't working. I was wondering if this might be related to watts bug reported earlier as I did run into that problem. However I applied the work around, which worked for the watts bug but it hasn't made a difference with getting the Garmin and iBike data synced. I've attached a couple of files that I've tried to sync over the past couple of days.

Cheers!
Attachments
iBike_04_16_2009_1822_51_km.csv
iBike ride file
(1.32 MiB) Downloaded 260 times
2009-04-17-00-20-06.tcx
Garmin ride file
(651.88 KiB) Downloaded 431 times
racerfern

Re: Sync with Garmin Data

Post by racerfern »

Open the tcx file in an xml editor and search and replace every occurence of "</Track><Track>" with "". Do not include the quotes. Save as new file name and try again.

I recommend foxe from www.firstobject.com and its free.
Fernando
ldmitruk

Post by ldmitruk »

That did the trick. Although it is pain having to edit the file to get it to sync.
racerfern wrote:Open the tcx file in an xml editor and search and replace every occurence of "</Track><Track>" with "". Do not include the quotes. Save as new file name and try again.

I recommend foxe from http://www.firstobject.com and its free.
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

In the last year or so, Garmin changed the way they write data to the tcx file. So the original format imported just fine. The newer one has issues, at least until a more robust version of the iB3 software comes out.
Fernando