What is wrong with Power and Slope data?

BruceK

What is wrong with Power and Slope data?

Post by BruceK »

I recently went on two nearly identical out and back rides under different weather conditions. Both of the files demonstrate wacky power and slope issues in Isaac. What is wrong with my Gen 3 Pro/data? I think there was an issue with tilt calculation, however, I do not know how to explain the extremes in slope on relatively flat rides. Up until the last two rides everything was working OK. I did change the head unit battery between ride 1 and 2. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
Attachments
iBike_06_29_2015_0723_72_km_Tarmac.ibr
(438.6 KiB) Downloaded 381 times
iBike_06_27_2015_0758_72_km_Tarmac.ibr
(444.36 KiB) Downloaded 394 times
racerfern

Re: What is wrong with Power and Slope data?

Post by racerfern »

Your tilt is off by a country mile. "Normal" tilt is about -.5, yours is -50.9!
Additionally, your wind scaling is way off IF these are essentially out/back rides.

Attached is a more normal profile however, I suggest you do a real out/back cal ride to nail down the wind scaling.

The excessive slope is due to both the profile issues and the fact that you need to do a tilt cal where you turn the bike back and forth.

Since you have a Gen 3, it doesn't have the self calibration features of the Newton so you'll have to jump through a couple more hoops.

Download this profile, send it to the iBike and do a real cal ride.
Attachments
Modified_tarmac.ibp
(418 Bytes) Downloaded 408 times
Fernando
BruceK

Re: What is wrong with Power and Slope data?

Post by BruceK »

racerfern wrote:Your tilt is off by a country mile. "Normal" tilt is about -.5, yours is -50.9!
Additionally, your wind scaling is way off IF these are essentially out/back rides.

Attached is a more normal profile however, I suggest you do a real out/back cal ride to nail down the wind scaling.

The excessive slope is due to both the profile issues and the fact that you need to do a tilt cal where you turn the bike back and forth.

Since you have a Gen 3, it doesn't have the self calibration features of the Newton so you'll have to jump through a couple more hoops.

Download this profile, send it to the iBike and do a real cal ride.
Thanks Fernando. I will do as you suggested. :oops: