Distance way off?

rhino

Distance way off?

Post by rhino »

Either I need to get in touch with Dave Brailsford, or something's gone wrong with my iBike. My last ride recorded 110 miles in 2:10. Am I the next hour record holder? Not likely, but I'm not sure how to figure out if something is wrong with my set up. I've been riding it on 2 bikes for over a year and I've noticed in the past couple months (Isaac updates?) that my ride files sometimes get broken into odd sub-rides when I download the files, and now this record breaking time? Suggestions?!?

Thanks,
Skot
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Distance way off?

Post by Velocomp »

Please post ride files.
John Hamann
rhino

Post by rhino »

Weird. I downloaded the ride file and the ride data shows 31.75 mi, but the distance on the iBike showed 110 mi? 31.75 is more like it, but I would like to be able to trust what my telemetry says on the road. Also, please explain why the side panel shows 3 separate, I don't know, segments?

Thanks,
Skot
Attachments
iBike_07_14_2013_0815_117_Miles.ibr
(557.45 KiB) Downloaded 397 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Sometimes this happens because the speed sensor battery is low. As you noted, Isaac software provides correct result (if there is a problem it fixes it). I would replace your speed sensor battery.

Isaac is detecting an out-and-back ride, and automatically places laps at the out, back, and remainder section (3 segments).

To turn this feature off, in Isaac go to Edit/Preferences... click the Analysis tab, and uncheck the Automatically Analyze Route box.
John Hamann