Wireless mount problem

isaac

Wireless mount problem

Post by isaac »

Hi,

It seems that my wireless mount have failed. The IBike looses contact with the sensors. I can get it to work sometimes when restarting the IBike several times but on the next ride it has lost contact again. I mostly get WLS FAIL when I try to rescan.
I have also tried to reset the IBike, replaced all batteries, reloaded the profile from the PC, cleaned the contacts with electronic cleaning, but nothing seems to help.

The unit is a Pro III upgraded to Aero, about 2 years old.

Is there anything else I can try?

Regards,
Jonas
still-chasing

Re: Wireless mount problem

Post by still-chasing »

I've been having the same problem lately. The head unit would pair up with my sensors but about mid ride, It would lose the connection. I tried scanning during the ride but it failed. I measured the volt capacity of the sensor and it reads 3.3V . The head unit came out to about 2.85V. The wireless mount battery measured at 2.83V. seems ok but replaced the battery in the wireless mount and it finally sensed the sensor. Hope it holds up. I'm doing a long ride tomorrow. I'll keep you guys posted....
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

There should be a very small piece of foam on the back side of the battery covers. Over time these can become compressed and you can momentarily lose contact.

Try putting a piece of electrical tape, maybe two, on top of the battery cover. That will apply pressure on both covers and help maintain battery contact.

You could also replace the piece of foam on the back side of the battery cover but that tends to become a project of getting the right density foam, gluing, etc.
Fernando
isaac

Post by isaac »

Have now tried to reset all the sensors, mount and the IBike unit.
Looks fine now, restarted the IBike a couple of times after scanning and it paired up with the sensors all by it self.
Will do some hard intervals tomorrow, hope it works.

Also checked the battery covers and they were a bit loose so I fixed this as well.

Thanks for helping!

/Jonas
still-chasing

Post by still-chasing »

Did a long ride today and the sensor connection never failed. Wireless battery was the culprit.