Battery Reading 275 or less

DanielK

Battery Reading 275 or less

Post by DanielK »

This morning on my ride I got no power/speed readings during my ride. It was an epic fail during my four hour ride with my coach. Everything was done properly and even stopped repeatedly to redo the win and tilt calibrations to no avail. When I turned it on iBike the battery test said "Batt Good" but when I checked reading it was at 272. Could that be the reason why it wasn't working? I used the Trainer Mode the day prior and everything was fine.

Everything was fine profile wise and everything else but if it's a battery issue then no worries but it's the first time it every happened and my usual troubleshooting steps didn't resolve it!
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Battery Reading 275 or less

Post by Velocomp »

If you have a ride file please post it.

If you had no speed readings then it is possible that your speed sensor was mispositioned or its battery was bad.
John Hamann
DanielK

Post by DanielK »

John, I don't have any ride files from yesterday because it did not record anything. I did another quick look at it on my set up and the Speed Sensor may have been knocked off of position the slightest which prevented it from picking up the speed sensor as a small adjustment was able to get readings. I'm heading out to do a short recovery ride in a few minutes so I'll post a ride file from there just for your all's review.

Thanks again for the quick response!
DanielK

Post by DanielK »

Alright, did my recovery ride and it was the speed sensor being too far away from the cadence magnet. It is not a battery issue but I did read somewhere that you can save batteries from the winter and they'll work again in the spring, or did I misread that?

The only issue I would like you all to look at is that I I think the wattage readings were too high when I was pedaling fairly lightly. It was an fairly wind day and looking at the wind analysis settings I think something was off but can't pinpoint it. The profile was developed last fall and appears very accurate so far. If anyone can take a look at it I'd appreciate it just to make sure everything is good to go.

Prior to this ride I did a good wind calibration and redid the tilt cal as well. (I do a tilt calibration prior to every ride just because I think it increases the accuracy)

My basic: 6'1, usually ride on hood, 203 lbs body weight, ~223 with shoes, bottles and such. If that helps for anything.

Thanks for the help!
Attachments
February_27_2012_RecoveryRide.csv
(555.3 KiB) Downloaded 307 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Use the Tools/Check Calibration feature.

Assuming you did a solo ride, finished in the same place you started (out and back), and wind did not change severely during the ride, then it appears that your calibration has drifted somewhat and your watts are a bit high.
John Hamann