cannot download ride list

cyclerman6

cannot download ride list

Post by cyclerman6 »

until recentlly downloads have worked fine, not sure what has changed but everything works (set time, get software revs, etc)
except downloading ride list. All software and firmware are up to date. If i hit download ride list, a box comes up and quickly
disappears, then the software freezes and can only be stopped with Task Manager. On the bike, the unit appears to be working
fine. I tried the reverse battery/reset on the unit but that did not help. any suggestions much appreciated. Thanks. By the way
I'm using a windows xp computer that is fully up to date, nothing changed there.
lorduintah

Re: cannot download ride list

Post by lorduintah »

Your registry could be damaged (oh - that never happens!!) - you might try to uninstall the iBike software and the re-installing it. (Reboot in between.)

If you happen to have one of the utility applications - like Iolo's System Mechanic or the like - you could run this, too.

Tom
cyclerman6

Post by cyclerman6 »

Thanks, I'll give it a try and let you know.
cyclerman6

Post by cyclerman6 »

Well, that did not work. I'm wondering if there is a problem with the firmware. I would like to reload the firmware but, since it is already up to date, not sure how to force a download ..... Anyone know how to do this?
travispape
Site Admin

Post by travispape »

If everything is working with communications other than getting the ride list and downloading ride files, it might be that the ride memory in the unit is corrupted.

If you really want to get the ride data out of the unit, you can try these:

* Do a hard reset on your unit (momentarily install the battery backwards) and try downloading again. The unit never turns off in order to keep time. A hard reset is the equivalent of a reboot for the unit.
* Try downloading to a different computer. Install the software from the download page if necessary. It is unlikely that this will work, but it has worked on a couple of occasions.
* Your idea to force the FW to reload is not a bad idea, but it still not likely to work. If you want to do that, email me at tpape at velocomp and I send you a FW file and show you how to install it.

If you are ready to give up on the data:

* Use the SW to erase all the ride data, remove the iBike from the USB cable and do a hard reset (battery flip), and then attach the unit to the USB cable again and erase all ride data. Take a short test ride to make sure everything is working again.

Travis